Grief Healing Discussion Groups

My new song.

Marita,

Music  used to be a big part of our life.  Al played all the old songs on his mandolin and we went to a lot of concerts and musicals.  I have not listened to music since he died and it has been almost a year!  Just can't do it.  

• Upvote 3

Beautiful words, Robin!

• Upvote 1

I was very brave tonight.  Al and I went to see the Irish Tenors 2 different times.  One had a greeting session so we got to talk to them.  We had the tapes of their performances and I actually watched/ listened to one tonight.  Al was 1/2 Irish, so he especially liked it.  It was sad, but I am glad I did it.  Doubt if I will do it often, but I did it!

• Upvote 8

Yes Marita I love music it is my release and help me feel Kevin is with me still and tears are fine with me I accept my tears as my love  needing to be released, very happy you were able to listen to the tape Gin I am sure All was right there with you sharing in it, thank you Kaycee I look for songs that have meaning to me. Hugs

Gin, I think you're very brave to have done that, I'm not sure I could even now!

• Upvote 1

That is brave Gin.  It is pretty bad when I full-out cry at Roger Miller's "King of the Road".  I usually just keep my radio off.  Now music is my granddaughter's life, she is 17, and I hear some of the new groups when she plays them on You Tube, but I cannot understand the words, so I am good with them.

• Upvote 1