Grief Healing Discussion Groups

The Christmas Crash

For the last three weeks I have been buried in work so I have missed so much of what has been going on here with our group. I haven't had the time to dwell on the sad part of the season opting to sleep before turning on the computer but I am not complaining for that is what it means to run your own business and make it while you can so to speak. I'm caught up now and have the time to relax but with it comes all the emotions I have been holding back. It seems sometimes when you ignore your feelings they eventually become more intense. 

I wish you all the best this Christmas for I know how it is, especially for you who are spending the first one without them. I'd like to say it gets easier but I'm not sure about that yet. Somehow we will wake up in January starting another year on grief's journey. I hope it's one filled with more happy times than sad.

Steve

• Upvote 7

Steve,
I'm glad you're getting a breather, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Happy Birthday.jpg

Today, one of my employees asked me if I am getting excited about my trip.  Saturday night I'm going back to see my family, my very ill mom, and I will be in the place where all our Christmas magic used to happen, and where lumps popped up on Ron's face last year on the day after Christmas, which was the beginning of the end.  Excited? No. Crash? Probably.  My mother has 20% heart function, and I'm afraid my grief will kill her, and the thought of it drives me to tears - everything.  I confessed that to my therapist last night, and she told me that my mother has her own contract with her life.  It was another perspective to hold onto as best I can.

So, I just told this employee, well - not exactly excited.  I need to go, I have to go, I must go, I want to see my mom, and I want to see my parents, sister, nephew and uncle.  I have not seen them since Ron has been gone.  At least I will be travelling there with my daughter. (AND I'm getting my first (and ONLY!) tattoo tonight!  My daughter wanted us to get matching tattoos, so we are getting a small icon of a sun, moon and a star - about 1 or two inches in diameter!! Yikes!)  I added the star to her design, and she said that would be Ron, that I would be the moon, and she would be the sun... after all, as the child, the world does revolve around her :) 

I don't know how to survive, especially without work as my buffer/escape, but I guess somehow I will.  It's scary.

• Upvote 5

Yes it is scary Patty. The whole journey is one of fear and uncertainty but as each day goes along we get through it.  I like the idea of the moon sun and star.  You know a star is also a sun so perhaps the star and the sun would be two stars locked in orbit (binary stars) with you, the moon, in the center of the two most important people in your life revolving around you.

crecent moon 1.jpg

• Upvote 4

Patty,
I hope this trip can be about you getting to spend time with your mom and the rest of your family and that the memories don't haunt you horribly.  I understand how hard that must be because it's all wrapped together but I'm hoping you can unwrap it and let this trip be about her.  I'm sorry your mom has medical issues, that must weigh on you.  I'm excited about your tattoo, I hope you can post a picture of it later??

• Upvote 1

Hurts and hurts and hurts and hurts and HURTS and H-U-R-T-S. Christmas eve day at the shop and tears are flowing and flowing.  But this song, out of 290 songs on my playlist, has played 3x in the last 3 hours.

My Sweet Lady
Lyrics by John Denver

Lady, are you crying, do the tears belong to me
Did you think our time together was all gone
Lady, you've been dreaming, I'm as close as I can be
And I swear to you our time has just begun

Close your eyes and rest your weary mind
I promise I will stay right here beside you
Today our lives were joined, became entwined
I wish that you could know how much I love you

Lady, are you happy, do you feel the way I do
Are there meanings that you've never seen before
Lady, my sweet lady, I just can't believe it's true
And it's like I've never, ever loved before

Close your eyes and rest your weary mind
I promise I will stay right here beside you
Today our lives were joined, became entwined
I wish that you could know how much I love you

Lady, are you crying, do the tears belong to me
Did you think our time together was all gone
Lady, my sweet lady, I'm as close as I can be
And I swear to you our time has just begun

• Upvote 8

There's that soul mate thing again right Patty. The one certainty is that death cannot stop true love and some songs were meant to be heard and understood by certain people. Only certain people. In a few hours when you close up shop and get on that plane with Catherine You will be having the third member of that sun star and moon traveling along right with you. Ron indeed is as close as he can be. Safe travels for I know it's a long way from Maui to New England. I'm glad you are not traveling alone. :wub::wub::wub:

• Upvote 4

It's lovely!