Grief Healing Discussion Groups

For the past few days I've been having dreams about getting ready to go to my fiance funeral even though it was weeks ago. I hate them so much. Sleep was my only escape from reality...when I did get to sleep anyways. Now my dreams have caught up with reality. I also wake up several times with intense anxiety thinking about my love being gone and worried about losing my mother. I just need a moment of peace.

• Upvote 2

I hope you will find some peace soon.  I too enjoyed the benefits of sleep at first.  I wish it would be like that again.  My husband's suicide was a year ago and yet it seems like it was forever ago then in the next moment it seems like it was just last night.  I'm sorry that you are dealing with such a complicated grief.  Take time to care for yourself.

• Upvote 3

It was odd to me how much my dreams continued as if he always still alive for quite a few mths after accident.

Then I had dreams where he would visit me..

Not too long ago I dreamed that he was alive still, then I reasoned it out time dream and resized it couldn't be..

Not sure if I was happy I figured it out or not....

life is but just a dream....Marie

• Upvote 1

The dreams I have about Deedo are one of two kinds: either I am aware she has died and I'm coping well (much better than when I'm awake) or she is in the dream but it is never of any significance.  At least I'm not dreaming of those last seventeen months, I can live with the dreams I do have.

• Upvote 3

I didn't sleep much in those early months, and I didn't dream about him until a year or two later.  I still don't dream of him often, but he's on my mind all the time.