Grief Healing Discussion Groups

here's my heart

Today my daughter and I finally was able to go to my husband's grave and remove the dead flowers and collect the stands from the flowers. When the grave was dug they turned up a lot of rocks, some were kinda big. I took a rake and started pulling some of the larger ones away. All of a sudden I looked down and I had raked up a rock that was heart shaped. I  was thinking to my self as I cleaned and raked that last year I would never have thought I would be spending this day close to Valentine's day doing what I was doing. And then I found the rock. I hope it was a message to me. I will post a picture soon. The flowers in the background are some my daughter and I fixed. The two round things are vines that my son rolled up into a wreath for his daughter and my grandaughter. They picked flowers off the grave and stuck them in the wreaths to have at home after the funeral.  When we first started dating I wore some cologne that came from Avon. He was always asking what it was so that I would say," Here's My Heart." It was a cologne that Avon sold at that time. The red bracelet is one that I bought

that says Suspect Sepsis, Save Lives. I got it from Sepsis.org. I don't know why so many copies uploaded and I can't get them to go away. You have to scroll down to see the full picture.

that says. Suspect Sepsis, save lives. heart.thumb.jpg.dd927aa9ced5b3d0098bafe883c0da35.jpg

heart.thumb.jpg.dd927aa9ced5b3d0098bafe883c0da35.jpg

• Upvote 1

We all look for those special things from our loved ones.  I'm sorry that you are having to go through this. Glad your daughter went with you. Just keep yourself busy with whatever and I can't say it will get better but it will get softer, if that makes any sense.

Mary Linda

• Upvote 1

Wow, that really IS a heart shaped rock!  I'd take it as from him.  :wub:

• Upvote 1