for weeks/months/years. Are your friends
suddenly complaining about isolation,
overwhelm, and feelings of uncertainty about
the future? Does it sound a lot like what
you’ve been coping with for a long time? Are
these things your friends haven’t historically
been sympathetic about? Hopefully this isn’t
coming up for you, but we have heard loud
and clear that it is coming up for some people.
It isn’t that you don’t empathize with your
friends. Quite the opposite, in fact. You
empathize deeply. It might just feel a little
annoying that it took something like this for
them to empathize with you.

And this:

You're relieved your loved on isn't here.
Maybe this is because they were ill and the
risk of getting COVID-19 on top of that illness
would have been overwhelming.

This.  So much this.  Thank you, Kay.

• Like 3

I received a disturbing email from my insurance company.  The good part was they are charging nothing for any covid related treatment, no matter how big or small.  The bad art is they say this is in effect til.........October!  October?  I don’t think anyone would be sane if this lasts that long.  😳

• Like 3

It's been 3 1/2 weeks we've been on lock down and I'm already wondering how long my sanity will last.  To be in complete isolation for that long is very hard.  It's not the same for those who are locked in with the one they love, their family.  They aren't alone, without human touch or someone to talk to.  I'm running out of data on my internet.  I find myself on line more than is healthy.  Thank God Kodie forces me to get out an walk!  I envy those who enjoy yard work, I don't find it stresso-relieving like they do.  I am keeping busy but it's not the same as having something to look forward to, being with people.

• Like 4

I read a story on Huffngton Post yesterday of a woman whose best friend died in an accident and having to handle grief in lockdown.  Another thing that we took for granted of being with others when we so need it.  There are many people out there losing loved ones including spouses.  I so feel for these people.  

Yup, Kay, sanity isreally being stretched to the limits and it doesn’t help when they keep moving the dat further out.  

• Like 4

Yesterday I encountered a post from someone who lost a family member to COVID-19, I have thought about how hard that would be, not being able to visit them in the hospital or have a funeral with loved ones and hugs, I can't imagine.  We don't even have a florist here anymore and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't make the essential business list.  These are particularly hard times.

• Like 4

I wake up every day and the first word that enters my head is covid.  I hate it.  I lay there and know it another day of hell in some form or another.  I’m getting to where I not only hate news about it, but he very word itself.  And commercials touting all this touchless stufff for deliveries and pickups.  Like it’s a badge of honor.  I totally get it, but it’s trying to learn an opposite lifestyle.  Just heard Washington is extending isolation another 3 weeks.  People are getting restless.  People are trapped in bad home situations.  People are lacking food, other medical care and day to day normal activities to participate in or watch.  

I hate the word and all it has done.  Protests continue and I feel will get worse.  Latest interview I saw was a church goer angry that people could go buy marijuana, but not worship.  Unfortunately he missed the point.  That’s al policed for distance as everything else.  Been a long time since I went into a shop for some CBD, but people don’t hang out there in a crowd. One pastor was hoping they could be cleared for services all week to separate people.  Might work, but risky.  They are claiming it’s tromping their constitutional right to assemble.  Sadly, one choir lost 2 people to the virus.  Desperation for contact I get.  Keeping people safe I also get.  This is bigger than a right our forefathers never saw when they penned it.  All my humble opinion.  

• Like 2

I am in complete agreement with you, I fear them loosening the reins too soon and it worsening, just because of the pressure.  I miss church, my friends, my life, but I do not want to get this, I have good concern I might not survive if I do.  People who can't get why their "rights are being infringed upon" are not likely to listen to reason.  I saw one person post that he can't get a haircut but he could take his dog to the groomer's for one.  Yeah but they come out to your car and get your dog, dogs haven't been known to contract this, he missed the point.  It's not about rights, it's about safety.  I'm do for a haircut and when you have short hair it does not look good after this long...I'm in the same boat as a lot of people, it's not the end of the world to miss a haircut.  Not like anyone sees me anyway!

• Like 1

I was watching Jimmy Fallon last night and he was talking to the hair stylist from Queer Eye for the Straight Guy about home haircuts and any suggestions.  His was....don’t.  Much more chance of messing up your hair that would have to be undone.  Said hair grows a quarter to half an inch a month and better to adjust to that til stylists are open again.  Doesn’t mean you can’t have someone trim it if your not alone.  I do my bangs, but never as good as a pro.  I just need to see!  I keep mine pinned up all day now as it’s below my shoulders.  Saves having to wash it as often and I’m way past worrying about appearance to the dogs and walls.  I’ve done a few video chats and everyone looks different after all these weeks.   

• Like 1

I may trim around the ear a bit or my bangs if they start getting into my eyes, but as for shaping and blending, I'll wait for the hair stylist.  With my luck I'd chop a hole in it that would take months to grow out!  Short hair is harder to deal with when it gets too long.  I have natural wave/curl but when it gets too heavy it flattens...not what you need when you're 5' tall!

I’ve heard from several people that short hair is harder.  Long hair you just pull back or pin up.  I use a headset and sometimes it snags being up and pulls hair loose so I have to redo it.  I never went out with it pinned up, but now I don’t care.  The less I have to mess with it now, the better.  I hate shampoo days now.  Too much work with the bad back.  And, I’m just tired of it.  A side effect of this quarantine.  

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Read this on Huffington today.  You can skip.most if it after the beginning as it applies to companies not doing enough for their workforce, but the beginning pointed out why this is so very hard with so many struggling in this isolation.  People alone being hit the hardest.  They made a good point about other disasters that have a finale so people can rebuild.  We are stuck in uncertainty month after month now.  Don’t have an end date to focus on.  I know this has ramped up my anxiety and depression.  Hearing about people unable to process grief 'normally ' because of no contact.  I remember how devastating 9/11 was and for how tragic it was, we could begin removing the physical horror quickly and work on the mental healing.  

• Like 1