Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Bad News

Well i just got some bad news about my dog Spanky. Ihave had him for 15 yrs since he was 9mos old , he a beagle mix and i love him more then i can putinto words. i just found out he has CHF and fluid in lungs. my mom died from this. i work for my vet for 13 yrs so i know alot about it. he was just put on lasix and will start heart meds at the end of the week when we see his blood pressure is ok. i just can't believe this. today is 7 weeks my mom is gone and i am feeling so sad and now my spanky. pls pray or whatever you do that God will be merciful and allow my spanky to be with me for a long time. i don't think my mind or body could handle any other loses right now. oh God why does this have to happen. i need to talk to my mom and i can't , i just want my mom so i can tell her about spanky. why do they have to leave us?

Hi Lorikelly,

How awful for you, I can not imagine what you are feeling right now. I lost my mom in April 2005 and my dad died in August 2005 and I had to give up my dog in October of 2005.. My parrot shamrock died in November 2005... Yes, I wonder why they have to leave us!!!! I miss my mom ever so much and there are tons and tons of time that I would have loved to ask her things but I could not.... Lorikelly I will definitely pray for you and for spanky and I will God to give you and spanky the strength to continue your lives together... Take care and God Bless You Shelley

I'm so sorry, Lorikelly....I'll be sure to keep you and Spanky in my prayers. My Dad's dog, Pepper, died two days after Dad's funeral....it just doesn't seem to stop, does it? Pepper was 15 years old, but hadn't been sick. I just think he knew Dad was gone and had a broken heart. He went everywhere with my Dad as he did chores around the farm. I'm very sure that they're together right now.

Hugs to you and Spanky,

Leann

Lori,

My prayers are with you.

Lord, be with Lori and Spanky right now. Guide the vet who is taking care of Spanky and give him the wisdom to cure him. Be with Lori as she is waiting to find out some results, give her the peace that only you can give at these times. Let her know that everything will be okay. Also be with her as she is missing her mother right now, she feels alone and needs someone to talk to. Place the right person in her life to help her and be there when she needs to talk. It is in Jesus name I pray. Amen

Lori,

I'm so sorry about Spanky. We had one of our cats die unexpectedly two weeks after my Dad died, so I know what you mean about not being able to take any more. It is so blasted hard to lose them, they are just like our children, and so close to another loss seems just too much. But hang in there. One of my babies had several things wrong with him and lived about three years longer than expected (and with a good quality of life). With the excellent care I know you will give Spanky, and all the love you have for him and him for you, remarkable things can happen. You both will be in my thoughts.

Hugs to both of you,

Shell

Hi Lorykelly,

I can understand, since my mom left my world in April my oldest cat 15 years old is sick with a few illness and I appreciated each day he is with me. He is my confident and friend. I have inherited my mom's cats(2) (being a lonely child - could not give them to nobody else). It was very difficult to have 3 cats in my apart. and they would not get along...I was discouraged but one night she came to talk to them, because since that night ( I had a dream that night that she came for the cats)and it works! Now the cats gets along.

Speak to your mom...if she loved your pet, she may help or take care of him when needed. I now believed ( did not before my mom passed away) that they are there when we need them.

My thoughts are with you, I have been often as an unique child loosing my best furry friends but sometimes unexpected....having their life prolonged.

take care and will be taking of you and puppy.