Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Hi there, I wanted to share a very vivid dream I had the other night regarding Trevor, it has sat in my mind for the past 2 days, and I can't shake the feeling of sadness for wanting him to come home. Just when I thought I was getting along fine, I had a dream. I dreamt that Trevor came home, and I said to him where the heck have you been!, he said I was working on the Islands, I was like no you weren't, you weren't working! They made decals up for you and everyhting!, I can't believe you couldn't call anyone, you missed 2 months of your sons life, and all you can say is sorry you were working! I told him how angry I was at him, and that at that moment I couldn't talk to him so I went for a walk, the last thing I remember saying to him was you better call your mother! It was so vivid it was like he was really here with me, I was so depressed the next day, everytime I would go outside, I would hear a vehicle comeing down the street, and expect to see Trevors truck pull into the driveway, so I could say to myself okay thank goodness this was all a bad dream, and if I walk over to my car there will be no decal on there that says in loving memory of Trevor. So then it seems like you are living through the tragidy all over again, what an awful feeling. Thanks for letting me "vent" here and share my experience.

I wish I could wake up from "this" dream.

Brooke

hi brooke

I wonder what those dreams mean??. I often wonder if they are trying to tell us something or if it is just our stress level playing havoc with our subconscious. Sometimes I go to bed and just wish to dream of Jeff and there have been a few times I wake up a little more rested..like he was here with me and we were snuggling all night. Bittersweet mornings...

Have you thought about approaching those dreams like it is a moment you are closer to Trevor? I found comfort in that when I can convince myself to feel it.

Wishing you a little happiness tomorrow.

Jenn

I have yet to have a good dream about my husband. I dreamt that he was angry at me for selling his truck and thinking he wasnt coming home. And every other dream of him was him laying on my couch dead. I wish a good dream would come and make me feel a liitle better. I know our dreams are our subconcious minds and that is not how they feel or are but a nice dream would let you remember the good things and not dwell on the bad. I hope you have a better dream tonight.

I had a dream of Doug last night and I can't really remember what it was about but I woke up crying at 3:00 this morning. I felt overwhelmed with saddness. I had a hard time getting back to sleep and when I did the dog woke me up at 4:30 am to go out. I gave up then and just stayed up. I'm really feeling it at work today.

TerryB

Hi All,

I think when we dream about our lost loved ones I think that it is our self conscious way of helping us deal with their loss as well as them saying things are all right with them... Take care Shelley

Dear Ones,

The topic of grief dreams is fascinating, and one that we've discussed previously in these forums. If you've not seen it already, you might want to read the post in our Behaviors in Bereavement forum entitled "Strange Dreams about Death," dated 28 November 2005. You can access it directly by clicking on this link:

http://hovforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?show...st=0entry2900

I had a dream about amonth ago. It was about 3am and I felt pressure on my left foot, like somone had squeezed it and begun to massage it. I suddlenly felt this presence and for a split second when i opened my eyes Paul was smiling over me, sort of a shadowy figure, 3-D. I was so startled I literally gasped for air and then he was gone. I need bunyon surgery and I wonder if he was telling me to buck up and get it taken care of or if it was just an affectionate gesture. I wish I hadn't been so scared at the time...it hasn't happened since. I haven't told anyone for fear they'd think I was going off the deep end--which of course some days I think I am--so it's a relief to share with someone who can relate. Still can see it like it happenend 30 seconds ago, no fading memory of that one.

KarenH