Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Sad Reminder

Hi all,

I had to go pick up my moms death certificate today. I had to pull over and have a cry on the way home. It makes it so final, yet I still can't belive she's gone. Crazy! Now I have to start settling everything (the bank accounts, stocks, etc....where I have to give a copy of the death certificate) and I'm soooo not looking forward to it. I still remember when we did that when my dad died and it really adds to the depression of the whole thing. Well, it's gotta be done and I'll do it, but wish I didn't have to.

Hugs to all,

Shell

Shell,

Just wanted to let you know you are in my thoughts.

I know what's ahead for you...all the financial stuff and death cert.copies that need to be sent out. I just hate doing all of this. It just goes on and on doesn't it? Hang in there!

Hi Shell,

Just wanted to let you know I am thinking about you as well. I know the process so well as I am still working on some of my mother's things. It is a very long process so hang in there. My mother will be gone a year on August 1st and I am still trying to straighten out some of her accounts.

Take care,

Libby

Shell,

As you well know, one day at a time. My Mom has been gone 1 year July 16. I still haven't closed her checking account. I feel like that's another part of her world coming to an end. When I can handle it, I will. Sending you prayers and peace...

Missing my Mom,

Trudy

Thanks, all of you, for your replies. I do think of all of you often when I'm doing things and realize I'm not alone. We've all had to deal with so many things, and knowing others have dealt with it too makes me feel stronger. It reminds me that I'm not the only person in the world going through a rough time and that gets me grounded. So thanks for helping me!

Big hugs to all,

Shell

Hi Shell, I lost my mom on May 30th this year. My dad is still with us. We are still dealing with financial issues too. She was a strong caring person, and showed me how to take care of my dad and the bills and all. There was still alot of things I didn't want to learn because I didn't want her to go. She died of cancer and I cared for her the whole time. It is hard, bless you so much. You are not alone, I will think of you often and hope that you have people to help do some of those things that need to be done for your mom. cry if you want to, I do.

Shell, I know how hard all of this paperwork is. It's time consuming and sad. I'll be thinking of you.

Take care..Lori

Marcy, I am so terribly sorry for both of your losses. I don't even know what to say, except I am soooo sorry. This is a great board for you to come to and get some things off your mind.

Take care...Lori

Marcy,

I cried reading your story and am so sorry for your losses. As I've said, one of the benefits of this site is that I can read about others losses and it makes me get off any "poor me" mood I'm in. Your story is such an example of that. Here I am talking about the saddness associated with dealing with all the legal stuff and then I read your story and think, grow up Shell, it's not that big a deal. When I compare my trivial problem next to your experience, it makes me give myself a kick in the rear! Thank you so much for telling your story. I will be thinking of you and hoping you find some peace. Your other children and husband will give you the strength to go on. Hang in there and be very good to yourself.

A huge hug,

Shell

shell,

thank you so much for your letter. We had my son's birthday party at the site where the accident happened. Alot of people came including his friends, we had ballons that everyone wrote on and we let them go. I read what some of them wrote, and knowing that they will miss him almost as much as we do gives me strenght. We had cake and his cousin ate two pieces-one for him and one for Matthew. it turned out real good, I did cry. I'm still trying to figure out how to work through this site about posting and pictures. But just know that I care and even with my mom gone, she left alot of things in me of her to keep moving on-No Matter What. Do you have kids? or a family? It's hard no matter who leaves us. You will get through this, not happy about it, but "we" will. Take care of your self.

hugs

Marcy

Marcy,

I didn't see the picture of your son before now. What a great looking boy and what a sweet face he has. Thanks for posting it.

No, I don't have any kids, except my cats, which are truly like children to me, so I feel like I can understand the loss of a child, even though I don't have any human children. I have a brother, who is living at the house too, so it's basically just the two of us left. The one good thing is that it has brought us closer together.

My mom was the type who went on, no matter what, too. And I have resolved to be just like her and remember her strength. That has helped me a lot.

Happy Birthday to your son. I'll bet he was watching and enjoying it all!

Big hug to you,

Shell