Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Hello dear friends. Its around 6 months and a week since my darling Walter has passed on. I have really had a good few days(8) where I have really felt better than I have in months..I thank my God for this and am reminded of the verse in the Bible which says that God will NEVER give us more than we can handle. For a long time I felt so overwhelmed and quite sure of the fact that i would never ener feel better...well now I am. Is this okay. When did you all feel the "better" that i am describing........

I don't know, maybe a couple of years, but it was all so gradual, it's hard to tell.

Erica,

I am at 6 1/2 months and I have to tell you I have been back and forth but about 3 weeks ago I was feeling pretty good thinking the worst was over, still having a few set backs here and there and then BAM !!! 2 weeks ago I got hit like a Mack Truck ! It was literally as bad as the first week I lost him, it was the week from Hell ! Last week I was alittle better and this week so far I am better, with bouts of crying and sadness but I know it is going to hit me again at some point. I know it will go on forever as I just can't cut the emotions from the extreme love I had for my precious Steve for 34 years ! I just can't believe that I am a widow at 49 years of age, I can't believe the man I have loved since High School is gone forever, I can't believe my younger daughter when the time comes will not have a father to walk her down the isle, I can't believe I have to spend the rest of my life alone, without him to make me laugh. Oh I could go on and on, but you know life is just not fair like I have said before, we can send men to the moon but we have not done enough for the medical field, we can waste alot of money on tv shows and commercials etc yet there are diseases that still do not have a cure. We can pay athletes millions of dollars yet there is still no cure for the common cold. It just isn't right !

Wendy

Guest moparlicious

I know just how you feel, today is 1 month since my beloved Dan died. I just miss him sooooooooo bad I can't breathe at times. Life is so unfair. My husband was a wonderful father,husband,friend,son,brother and everything. When he left this earth, my sun stop shining. I am so sorry for your loss and I pray for comfort for all of us.

I think each person is different on there journey. In the beginning i wanted someone so bad to tell me when the pain would go away, when i feel like living again. Noone could give me a exact time but they helped me on my journey. Somedays are still bad and somedays are good. i learned to take one day at a time and if it is a good one , i thank God for that.

Lori

I totally reiterate what Lori said, well spoken.

Erica,

It was 6.5 months before I really could grasp things again but each of us is different, I have bad days and now pray for peace and it is always answered. I think our expectations are too high for a timeline.

Take care,

William