Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Hi Everyone,

I am having a bad night tonight. I am so down and confused. Today John's sister called my sister's house. My sister was sleeping after working all night and did not answer the phone. Everytime John's sister tries to contact me it just stirs up all the bad memories of when John was missing and they kept me out of everything they would here and all the horrible things they said and did after he was found. I would let them know anything that I heard from the chief of police but they would not let me know anything. I have such feelings of guilt for leaving and not telling them, but I could not deal with them and still can't. I know they are John's and my daughters family but do I really want my girls to have to deal with those type of people after all they have been through already? I don't know, like I said I guess I am just having a bad night. :( Thanks for letting me vent.

By the way I did do something good for me today I made an appt. with a therapist to see if I can get this mess of a life straightened out.

Hugs and prayers,

Corinne

Hi Corrine,

My goodness it sounds like you have some not too good history behind all this. You and the girls need a break. I hope your girls are dong okay as it must be so hard on them, too. Do you have "hug" times and "kisses" times...I bet you do! You are the "Three Muskateers" definitely. I so hope you three can find some smiles soon. Corrine, please try and think of "good" things when the bad things come up. I've always told my children that whenever a bad thought comes in your mind, think of a good one...a flower for my daughter, motorcycle racing for one son, fishing for one son....whatever comes into their minds. Your children are the most important thing in your life...take care of them....love them....help them...and, most importantly, please help yourself. You've had so much!

Your friend, Karen :wub:;)

Ahh Karen,

You know me too well. There is always an overabundance of hugs and kisses in my house. They are my strength! I do try and think of good things when the bad come up, sometimes it just hits harder than others. I am not a crier but my tears have been flowing like a river tonight. That is a good thing, I am letting it out which I normally don't do. I will regroup, pick my sorry butt up once again and go on. ;)

Hugs & prayers,

Corinne

That's so cute, Corrine. I'm sure you explain your tears to the girls....what are their names? You should put a picture of you and them on here, if you'd like. Crying is cleansing and healing, anyway, it is for me. But, now, I don't do too much of that anymore. It's been two years and now I choose to remember the wonderful times we had. I think you're a wonderful mother, doing everything you can for all of you. It's such a hard job by yourself, believe me I know, but that's where you are. Some day things will be better for you and I pray it's not too far off. Hang in there, girl, you are worth it!

Hi Karen,

The girls names are Kerri and Kayla. I would love to show you pictures of the girls, but I am one of those over protective Moms and there are so many scary people out there that I cannot put their pictures online. They are very beautiful little girls Kerri my oldest has dark hair and brown eyes and Kayla my youngest has light hair and blue eyes. They are my pride and joy! I do let them see my tears at times and explain them but my Kayla gets very upset and angry, probably because I do not cry very often. I do try and explain that everyone does cry, sometimes when they are happy and sometimes when they are sad, but she just does not like to see it. Thanks for posting with me last night I do feel better this morning. It was just one of those moments.

Hugs & prayers,

Corinne

Corinne

I am sorry you are having such a bad night. You need to worry about yuo and the girls right now, try not to think about his family. there will come a time when you will be able to deal with it better but not right now.

I also try to replace the negative thoughts with good ones. somedays that is easier then other. the holidays coming up are bring all that back. '

I have 2 boys age 9 and 12 and they are the light of my life so i understand what you say about your girls. i let my boys see me cry b/c it is ok for them to know that it is alright to cry and that times i will feel sadder then others. i thank God everyday for placing them in my lives.

I hope today will bring a little more sunshine into your life.

Lori

Corrine...Of course I understand about the pictures. Your girls sound lovely. I wasn't thinking. I don't have "little" ones anymore and I just forgot. You are a very good mother and not at all overprotective. I'm glad you're feeling better now. Have a peaceful day.

Hey Corinne,

I hope you are having a better day today, I think you did the right thing with moving and you have every right to distance yourself from them to protect yourself and your girls. I am distancing myself also from my so called Mother In Law, ( Lives in Colorado, thank goodness) such a long story but she finally left a message on my machine 2 months ago which was 5 months after Steve passed. Nope...sorry you couldn't call sooner "Dear Monster In Law" to see how I was doing then you can get a life ! I never returned her call and have no desire to, like I said there is more to it but at work right now so I will tell you another time. You are doing a great job and don't let anyone tell you differently !

Love,

Wendy :wub:

Corinne,

You have to do what is best for you and the girls. If his family were different then the situation would be different. You are smart to realize that and protect them as much as you can...as well as yourself. Good for you, going to see a therapist, that is a start! I wish you the best in putting humpty dumpty together again. You are in my prayers!

Thanks everyone for your support! I did have a better day today.

Hugs & prayers to all of you! :D:wub:

Corinne

P.S.

William and Wendy did you take your meds? :ninja:

You know, my daughter passes on magazines she and her work crew get and while I'm making dinner I read them. Here's a good idea for de-stressing yourself....they say (and I'm going to try it) that its active compound suppresses anxiety chemicals so you feel calm---here goes --- steep 6 chamomile tea bags in 3 cups hot water for half an hour. Remove bags and stir in 2 cups powdered milk. Pour into a warm bath. I think I would like to light candles and play music as well. I know Chamomile tea works because my son likes it and he has a mental illness so, if he likes it, I do. I'm going to give it a try....why don't you? Have a peaceful evening. Also, "Smile. It is the key that fits the lock of your heart".....just something else I've been reading. It will fit all of us.

P.S. You know what? Why not add bubbles and two sweet little girls? They might have fun! Oh, well. Just a thought.