Grief Healing Discussion Groups

My Wish For All Of You Today

William I am so sorry I never noticed this post. Boy do I know what you mean about the married/single thing. I still consider myself married even though Steve is no longer here. The ironic thing is maybe a month or so before Steve passed I said to him "with all the concerns about aids etc out there I am so glad I am not single". Little did I know the tragedy that was about to happen and society would consider me now a single woman. To this day I still wear my rings and have no desire to stop wearing them anytime soon. I know you don't have ashes from Myrna like I do from Steve but you could set up a memorial at home that would be special . I have his ashes and our wedding picture and a framed copy of "Wind beneath my Wings" a beautiful silk flower arrangement a few crosses and an electric candle with a flicker bulb that looks almost real. You could do the same only minus the ashes of course just arrange some things that are special remembrances of her.

I still have a daughter at home so I have no choice but to put up the tree this year, plus Christmas dinner is at my house ! Boy am I going to be stressed !

Love,

wendy :wub:

Wendy,

How old is your daughter? My kids were grown when George passed away, but they still wanted a tree up...my daughter was in transition and my son in the Air Force, so my home was their "home base". I find that this year, for the first time, I am feeling a desire for a tree...I love nature, trees, water, etc., and I love the scent in the house. To me, Christmas is a special time of year, not only for religious reasons, but also because it seems to be that magical time of year that brings out the best in people...people give more, volunteer more, are more cheerful...that is unless you go shopping. I don't like to shop, they get dog eat dog vicious then! And it doesn't show up in their driving either, they're still road-rage crazy. But I like the decorations and music. At work it is quiet, no music, no decorations, and I don't like it.

I hope everyone finds some measure of peace and enjoyment in this holiday season.

Hello Kay, my youngest who still lives at home is 22yrs old. Her boyfriend has one of those houses that you see on the news that has thousands of lights and decorations that people drive from miles away to come see so of course she leaves his house and comes here and we have nothing up yet. I never decorate too early anyway as I like to put everything up about 3 weeks before X-MAS. I have always loved Christmas as I always loved making it extra special for my girls and Steve. But this year I am not even finding joy in the decorations I see going up. I look at them as I drive by and think it must be nice to still have your family whole during the Holidays, I no longer have that and it breaks my heart ! It truly breaks my heart !

Love,

Wendy :wub:

Wendy, its ok, you probably seen me miss many many posts for some reason, mail gets lost or in my junk folder, ugh, I didn't know you had a daughter? did I miss something? thats great! I would say I *might* put up a string of lights and I always enjoyed putting up a tree but not this year, I be putting it down in perhaps 2-3 weeks. It feels so strange, everything still goes on for everyone but ourselves. Hopefully we won't see the jolly guy saying ho-ho-ho and a big smile, I might just punch him out LOL. I know, it just is not right,

Love,

William

William,

Once again you have made me laugh! :D Now that I have seen your picture I can picture you punching poor Santa. Have you taken your meds today? :ninja:

Wendy have you taken your meds today? :ninja:

Now I need your help because I have been put on the generic form of welbutrin and now I need to remember to take them :wacko: I guess this is what I get for busting the two of you to remember your meds. :blush:

Hugs & prayers, :wub:

Corinne

William now you behave ! You knock out jolly old santa and this group will have a new tattoo for you and it won't be a nice one ! LOL Yes I have 2 daughters, Amy got married this past October, she at least had her dad to walk her down the isle and Melissa is still home with me. She is a good kid, helps me alot. Today her and her boyfriend raked all the leaves in the front and back yard and he is in construction so he build a roof over my dogs area to go potty so they don't get wet or I don't have to worry about them disapearing in the snow. ( They range from 4lbs to 20 lbs.) It looks beautiful, I will have to take a picture to show you.

Love,

Oh Coriine thanks again...I have not been good lately so thank you for reminding me...be right back. WIlliam you too? Now Corinne did you take yours???

:wub:

Wendy,

Yes I did take mine. Today was the first day. I am hoping I get a little bit of me back and some energy. I don't want my children to remember as the sad, tired, grouchy Mom.

Corinne

Corinne,

Ohhh my goodness, LOL I am laughing right now too, yea hes at the curb begging for cash to pay his medical bill :wub: Oh noo now you are taking pills now, Wellebutrin is a very good medication,with little side efx. Supposes to help smoking cessation also. I take it myself :wub: I forgot several days on/off of my meds, somehow I forgotten to fill the pillbox. I don't picture you being grouchy.

Wendy, Please no more tattoos, it was painful, ugh, what would it be with santa with his eyes X'ed out? wouldn't look good on me..That is a really nice gesture of him to do that for you, are you nudging Melissa to marry him? :ninja: very handy to have a guy around to build anything, I could use the services too.

((((Hugs)))

Wendy,

Yes I will be fine it is just the grieving is making me so tired and I have no ambition to do anything. I am also waiting for some results from my gyn for tests she did. She thinks I am fine but did them as a precaution.

I am supposed to drive up to my Mom's tomorrow for the girls to go to the dentist. We are probably going to stay over but I am looking at the weather and it looks like Sunday could be an iffy driving day. It looks like between my house and my Mom's it may be all ice. So, I will have to keep an eye on the weather as to when we come back.

Corinne

Corinne,

Thats good you sought treatment, a big pat on the back :wub: Did the doctor give you an estimate of time of the medication effectiveness? I was always told its 2 weeks to build up in your system. I pray for a safe journey for you.

Lyn,

Just reading that makes my night so much better, Ok but its kinda too late, I socked him a leftie but he'll be good for Christmas day :) LOL

You guys are the best!

Luv,

William

William, yes a big green tattoo of the Grinch on your...well the thing you sit on !!! LOL

Corinne yes we are supposed to have a big storm, I know I am going to get about 6 inches or more. I will have my fireplace going this weekend and some comfy clothes ( jeans and a flannel shirt? LOL ) and my puppies at my feet and maybe even a glass of red wine. Now if I didn't have to sit here alone it might be even better ! Please let me know how the tests go, maybe you should plan on staying home this weekend and re-scheduling the dentist ? Our weather is not looking too good !

Love,

Hi Everyone,

I'm back :ninja: Wendy & William did you take your meds? :ninja: I actually remembered to take mine. William the Dr. told me approx. 2 weeks until the meds are in my system. He has me taking 1 pill(150mg) a day for 2 weeks and then he said to increase it to 2 pills a day, we will see what happens.

Wendy, I did go up to my Mom's yesterday morning and then we stayed over. There was approx. 2in. there and it was still snowing when we left this morning. I am glad I left early the roads were not bad and I got home by noon. It is pretty icy here now so I am glad the girls and I are home safely. I have to try and remember to call for my test results tomorrow, since they did not call me.

Corinne

Welcome back my Friend! Well I forgot the past few days :wacko: but I'll fix it somehow, 2 weeks is a good time frame, its a therapeutic dose, just imagine how happy you will be soon, :ninja:

(((Hugs)))

William

William

You two are such a beautiful couple. I can see the love you have for each other in the photo. I know today was a difficult day. I thought of you this morninbg knowing we share the same day of crossing over for our soulmates. Did you do anythibng special? It was a very down day but I knew it would be and thus prepared myself for it. I hope you doing well and taking your meds. I took my little dog Layla yesterday to have her picture made with Santa. Oh what a frown on her face, very Grinch like. She was very interested in Santa's beard and glasses but not so much for all the other barking furbabies waiting for their turn. The profits go for homeless animals so it was a worthwhile cause. Take care my friend.

Suzanne

Suzanne,

Thank you for the compliment, we were very happy together, that probably was the true essence in the picture. I didn't do much but shopping, somehow I felt the urge to keep busy, yesterday I was ill again, it happens every month. Been taking my meds today after forgetting the past few days, I can't believe its nine months already, it seems like years went by doesn't it? Thats cute, was she licking him, thats a very nice gesture, sometimes when I go to petco or petsmart I donate a few buck to help out, I think animals deserve more respect.

Love,

William

William,

You have to remember your meds so that you are OK! You and Wendy have to remind each other when I have to go visit my Mom. You need to fill up your pill box again and get back on track.

It was hard to go up to my Mom's this time with the snow falling it brought back a lot of memories and I was not expecting it, but I did get through it.

As for being happy soon I cannot imagine that, it has really been so long, but it would be nice.

Corinne

Uh-Oh!!! William I think you are in trooouuubbblle with Wendy.

Wendy the weather was definitely not as bad as I thought it might be. It was hard though because it was the first time I was in snow since John is gone and it did bring back a lot of difficult memories. By the way, did you take your meds? :ninja:

Corinne

Corinne, I forget almost anything sometime, but well I try :)

Oh Heavens, I did take them last night and I filled it up for the week :ninja: I suppose that tattoo going to be a reality. You'll feel so different you might just think "what the heck is going on????"

Wendy,

I try not to fib :wacko: , but I DID take them last night and today, I plead the fifth any further :ph34r:

(((Hugs)))

William

Yep I took my meds, I was a good girl today...did you take yours? I have to tackle this crappy weather tomorrow to get to work and I guess I am taking my PT instead of my truck since it is a sheet of ice out there right now and my truck is behind 2 cars at the bottom of the driveway. I heard up on 80 there are multiple car accidents and some went way off the road and there is one car that is crushed by a tractor trailer. I hate this time of year because of the accidents.

Love,

Wendy

Oh okay William you won't get your butt kicked then, you okay today?

I did take them as far as I know :blush: Wouldn't it be nice if I can get a HUGE heater and shoot it out there and thaw out the snow? Right now in Phoenix its 57 Deg and nothing unusual with the weather today, it rained 2" and left as fast as it came. I would trade places with some of you, But I don't have any pants, just shorts EEK!

Wendy, I suppose it was ok, chrohns bothered me a bit today, and I realized this is a different day than others.

Love,

William