Grief Healing Discussion Groups

More About The Wedding

Thank you all fof being with your thoughts with me .It was a very cold evening .The wedding took place at a tiny church by the sea. We were only 20 people just family.The bride in a long ofwhite dress with a green ribbon aruond her waist .In Greek tradition we give a small litle pot with sugar coated almonts .Iv made them for them decorated with litle ceramik pomegranates and green ribbons.I wish I could give one to each of you my friends .Pomegranades are acording to our tradition good luck and fertulity.It is strange but yesterday was realy the first time that I truly realised that YIANY is gone for ever.Wathching my sonI saw a lot of his father in him .Good looking tall broad shoulders only YIANYS blue eyes were missing I miss him terrible and was so sorry for not sharlng the happinessof the moment. When the ceremony was over and went back to the emty house lonlyness came along A friend told me that fammily is like a chain when a ring is gone every thing falls apart.I have fallen apart but the rest of the chain is going on with new rings.TENY

Teny,

They may be going on, but that doesn't mean Yiani is forgotten by them. Only it's hit you the hardest, he was a part of you and that doesn't stop. It'll get better with time, but it will never be as it was, we just learn to accept what we can't change...

I send a hug to you, my friend!

God Bless You,

KayC

Teny, thank you for letting us share in your son's wedding. I know this is a bittersweet time and brings so many reminders of Yanni. I know you want him with you, just as I do, please remember he "is" with you and always will be. I hope you can feel all of us sending our support and love to you. Deborah

Teny you wrote that so beautifully, almost felt like I was there. Personally I feel Yianny was there to see everything with a big smile on his face and proudness in his heart. You say you saw alot of Yianny in your son that day? I am sure that was Yianny's doing for you to notice that even though he is not with you physically he is still all around you and part of him is in that handsome son of yours. He was with you that day and always.

Love,

Wendy :wub:

Teny it sounded like it was a beatiful wedding. Just know that your husband was there watching your son on his wedding day. Iknow that it is not the same has having him there with you but he was watching if we can not believe that then how will we get through this. Hold his love close to your heart and he will be there. Gail :wub:

Teny

Sounds like everything was really pretty. I love the tradition of the little pots with almonds. I'm sure since you made them it was all the more special for your son and his bride. Oh don't we all remember the joy of that special day. I tear up as I think of it. Yianny will be so proud of you.

Suzanne

Teny,

Sounds like a beautiful wedding and it must be great to see your son taking his place in the world and finding love. I hope it is as wonderful as your love with Yiany.

It is a mercy that we don't realize all at once the full implications of our loss. It is probably a turning point for you that the realization has come that Yiany isn't coming back. I'm sorry it hurts so much. It will get better.

My best to you,

--Bob