Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Unexpected Christmas Gift From My Husband

I've been a walking mess of tears all week and reached my lowest point this past Friday. It was the one-month anniversary of Bill's death. I had just attended my first meeting of a grief support group, and came away feeling even more depressed after hearing everyone else's sad stories. And everyone else at work was being relentlessly jolly because of the long Christmas weekend.

Then yesterday morning, when I went to the front door to fetch the morning paper, the sunlight made something shiny on the floor glow. I couldn't imagine what it was because I had just cleaned the floor the day before, but I bent down to pick it up. There, inside a little plastic bag, was an egg-shaped Lucite "stone" with a message embedded inside: "Miracles happen to those who believe."

I had never seen this thing before, and no one was in my house yesterday but me and my dog. So I thought, what else can it be except a gift from Bill? I can't explain it any other way.

This is not the first time he has sent me messages since he died. I think he wants me not to despair and to know that he's still with me - only I just can't see him. No matter where my "stone" came from, it made me feel less sad and alone.

Hi Kathy,

How I envy your good fortune. I have prayed for such a message from my wife. I'm approaching my tenth month without her and want so badly to feel her presence. Cherish the stone and the wonderful gift that it brings. I think I could truly feel the joy of this season if only I could be so fortunate.

Happy holidays,

Art

Kathy,

I'm so pleased you've experienced a little miracle. Your husband loves you and really wants some peace for you. One month isn't very long and you know you'll be experiencing all kinds of feelings, just try to flow with them and take it easy. Be good to yourself. I wish you a bit of peace this Christmas season.

Your friend, Karen :wub:;)

Kathy,

That is so wonderful! I hope it helps get you through the holidays. My husband has only been gone 5 weeks and that would just make my day if I'd get to experience something like that from him.

I hope you and you're family have a Merry Christmas!

Take care,

Lynn

Kathy, that is awesome, I assure you there will be many more to come, I had many experiences with my late wife many times in the form of birds, lights burning out, fixtures flickering for no apparent reason,and visions. Sure lets us know the love we shared for each other is eternal and will never fade away. What we shared in this life is never vain, but is Bill comforting you from above :) Beautiful story :wub: thanks for sharing

Love and blessings,

William

My holiday wish for all of you is peace and that, sometime this season, you'll experience a spiritual lift and receive a communication from a lost loved one through a gift, a message, an incident, or a dream. Watch for this communication to come at any time and anywhere; they happen when you're not looking for them, but they always seem to come when you need them most. Also, remember that your message might (as Lori says) be a small thing, or may come through the words or actions from someone who's still on this earth.

I believe that after they pass, those we love keep trying to communicate with us, but we have to be watchful and receptive.

Guest moparlicious

Kathy,

Your story gave me goosebumps!!! Cherish every moment you get!! I wish my beloved Dan would send me something I long for it!! 4 months without him, has been the worst in my life.He was and is my true and only soulmate. Your blessed. Take care, Kim :rolleyes: