Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Scotty,

Above all, you're not whining. It's just that awful pain and it only goes away for a little while. You just keep trying to do your best, that's all you can do for a while. To lose someone so close is the most difficult thing we all go through. My heart is with you in all this. I am just here to let you know that, 2 1/2 years down the line, things are much better. It's the in-between times that are so hard. You hang in there, Scotty, and know that your blessed loved one is there with you, helping you along.

Your friend, Karen :wub:;)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't been on for a little while......I did start having a hospice counselor come to talk to me, I just didn't feel ready for a support group...

She has helped me a lot....that and reading all these postings. Guess I am not alone in what I feel....lonely, helpless, useless....

I have started seeing some friends again. It is hardest when I have to see couples that we enjoyed....but the second time seeing them was better and I didn't bawl all night.

I am slightly handicapped and I guess I just feel so lost as my husband did sooo much for me. But I actually went shopping today and I DID it!!....It felt good...so maybe there is hope for me yet. It has been a month and a half now, some days it is a bit better, others it is worse...but reading all of the bulletins, I find this is normal too....so I have hope that things will get better...someday.... Thanks for listening....

Rosella,

I'm proud of you! You will find that each thing you accomplish that you didn't think you could will increase your esteem or something inside of you that builds hope and confidence...not sure quite what to call it, but I know it is so.

Scotty,

You are right where I would anticipate being at that far out, very normal and understandable. We want to hold out hope for you that it won't always be this difficult and feel this unbearable. Right now you are in some of the worst of it but each day brings with it just a tiny bit of adjustment that eventually will culminate in making a difference in your life. It WILL get better.

Thanks Scotty and Kay for your words of encouragement......today, I don't feel really encouraged but I guess from what I read, there are days and then there are days....Others have done it and I will too.....just wish it were easier....don't we all....

I am getting ready to go to Hawaii for a week ..my oldest son and his wife insist that I go with them....so guess I will. Hope it helps....but I just gotta come home, back to the empty house. I hate leaving my little dog...he is just coming around to be more normal and I leave him ....but ...they tell me dogs are resilant and he will cope ok...probably better than me.... He has been soooo close to me ever since my guy left us.....won't leave my side so I worry about him now too....

Rosella,

I know you wish this trip to Hawaii could be made with your husband, but you take him inside your heart and I like to think he is able to watch the beautiful views along side of you...it won't hurt to "talk to him" about what you see and how you are feeling...we all do that. I hope you enjoy your kids on the trip...I can't speak for all dogs, but my Lucky (female whippet) did okay...she acted out a bit after George died, but you're right, they're resilient. It was our cat, Tigger that left home, but our dog remained by my side.

Hi Scotty,

We're all still here with you. Try and think of this pain subsiding little by little. It's a tremendous load to carry, but we do end up doing better and learning from it. Those details do keep us busy while we're in this shock and you're right....one day at a time. That is so true! If you remember from my posts, it's been 2 1/2 years since my Jack died so I am here to let you know that it really does get better, believe it or not. You hang in there. There are many emotions and feelings you'll probably go through yet but we're here for you so stay with us.

Your friend, Karen :wub:;)

Guest moparlicious

Scotty,

First off, let me say how sorry I am for your loss and so glad you came to this site!!!!! I am. My beloved Dan died of cancer 6 months ago(yesterday) and I know of all the radiation,chemotherapy and hope we all had. I was married to him for 20 years and like your wonderful wife, my beloved Dan's cancer spread to his brain too,once that happened it was all downhill. Not a day goes by our children and myself do not think of him, miss him and cry for him. We are all here for you to vent, scream, release or whatever you need!!!!! This site has tons of amazing, supportive, loving, unjudgemental people you would ever want to talk to.So many days I did not want to go on(still have those)but,with this site everyone knows the pain. It is unfortunate we met on this site, but the people on here are true blessings and angels.Keep posting and let us all know how you are,for we do care!!!!!!!!!!!!! One day, hour, or minute at a time, whatever you need, we are here for you. With love and compassion, Kim