Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Hello My Friends

All I have been thinking trying to recover from pneumonia is how hard to go on living and how hard is to let go and die.There is nothing possitive I can think and no future to be happy about.Im so confused that Im not able to expres my feelings.Hope you my far away friends do understand.Need your help.TENY

Teny

I hope you are feeling better from the pneumonia. You have to keep on fighting , you are meant to be here for your friends and children. i know it is hard to see that but you have a purpose and plan and thats why you are still here. take one moment at a time and keep going, we are all here for you. lori

Teny,

Keep fighting. In one of your posts you mentioned how scared your kids were when they walked into the hospital and saw you in the oxygen tent...I know that fear and I know what its like to lose both my parents.I am so lost without them. Your kids and grandkids need you. Please keep fighting to live.

Teny,

I think all of us can relate, it would have been easier to succumb to death and go be with our spouse, yet how would our children, grandchildren, siblings, etc. feel? It would be very hard on them to lose not just one, but both parents. My kids are grown and busy with their own lives, yet I know they don't want to lose me and somewhere down the road they'll have children and want me in their lives, as grandma, they've told me so. Please hang in there and try to find meaning in life once again...you will get to be with Yiani, all in due time.

Teny, I'm so sorry you've been so sick. I know that has made the grief even more miserable. I sure hope you will be feeling better soon. This takes alot of strength. Just know we are all thinking of you and praying that you recover soon. Deborah

Thank you for posting Teny and for asking for our help. Sometimes the knowledge that we are needed keeps us going. You are absolutely right about life being difficult, but it is often difficult. I imagine you can remember that there were times with Yanni that were not easy. The difference is that we could share the load then, now we have to try it by ourselves. Grief sometimes takes our hopes for the future because all we can think about is the past. It is hard to be positive when you do not feel like moving forward. Do not worry about being able to express your feelings, you are actually doing a great job. You know we are all confused and unsure, but just keep writing. It does help. Tell us about Yanni and your life together. Tell us about living in Greece, many of us will only dream about being able to visit there. What are some of the things you have always wanted to do? Your english is very good, where did you learn it, have you travelled much? What can we do to help?

One of the things I have learned about this journey through grief is that we all will have to experience the same fears, same pains, same feelings at some point. We need to learn how to survive from each other, and how to support each other when it is someone else´s turn. Keep writing and let us know how we can help you today? :wub:

Thank you for answering .I will start posting about my life with YIANY when I feel alitle stronger .Crying now thinking of the past will make me feel worst.You gave me a good idea and I start by trying to let you all my friends learn more about my country Greece. Need all your help .TENY

Teny,

I too, would love to hear about Greece. Things like , where do you live, have you always lived there? What the seasons are like, where were your parents from, do you have siblings there? What Greek dishes do you like to eat or prepare? So, when you are up to it, please share your life and country with us. Take care. Thinking of you.

Teny:

Its' hard enough getting used to this tragic change in your life and finding new meanings, but when you are sick it takes a heavy toll on you. Don't try and make sense of too much right now. Being so ill is enough to bring you way down, and those rottem feelings just carry over to your other feelings makng them worse.

Give yourself a break. There may be no easy answers right now but why should there be? You are going through a painful, confusing time.

We think of you. Hang in there and let life float you along wherever you are supposed to be right now. Right now is not tomorrow, tomorrow will be different from today. There is a saying, perhaps this can be of some help: " What I cannot do today I can do tomorrow."

My best- DoubleJo

I am so sorry,Teny. Please forgive me for misspelling Yiany´s name. I was so concerned over how you were feeling I posted very quickly without checking back to see that my spelling was correct. I wanted you to know how much we all care for you and was hoping to find something that could bring you a little comfort. I certainly did not mean to cause you any pain in any way. Please disregard my suggestions if they are not at all appropriate, I am just trying to help. Maybe I should just send a virtual hug. :wub: instead.

Teny,

Listen to Doublejo, she is right, take care for today, all the more so since you need to get well.

I did not know that Yiany was Greek for John...it is very beautiful. Greece is a place we would like to know more about...it sounds exotic, and yet to you it must seem everyday.

We love you and hope you soon start building your strength.

KayC

Edited by kayc