Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Hi Everyone,

Today is 1 year since the passing of my husband Lawrence, I am just laying around.

Not sad however no energy to do anything. Perhaps I will go out with my sister not sure

what to even think or do today.

I have been reading your post however not posting myself.

Looking for a job things are overwhelming for me now. Finding this new life is difficult.

Still don't know where I belong anymore, I just keep putting one foot in front of the other.

I don't want to sound too down so I am going to stop typing now. I am sill over here reading your post

and going through this thing we call grief, without any pain killers that is a plus for me today.

Keeping the Faith

Jackie

Jackie - - I have not comunicated with you before, but I am so sorry that you have to go through this awful pain. I sincerely pray that next year will be easier than the the last and the next year even easier. You will be in my prayers.

Kathy

Jackie - I just wanted to say that you're not in this alone, grieving for your Lawrence, or in this gosh awful economic situation. I'm glad you're taking it easy on yourself today. This new normal sucks, doesn't it? I guess I could come up with a better word for it, but that about says it! You're in my prayers today, my friend. Peace, Marsha

THANKS SO MUCH EVERYONE FOR YOUR COMMENTS, AS THEY HAVE HELPED.

JUST TO KNOW THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO UNDERSTAND JUST WHERE I AM HELPS.

MRSPAPAJOHN

I HAVE READ YOUR POST AND IT REALLY TOUCHED MY HEART STRINGS, YOU HANG IN THERE

I USE TO WORK IN LIVER TRANSPLANT AND DO UNDERSTAND JUST WHAT YOU WERE GOING

THROUGH WITH YOUR HUSBAND, YOU DID ALL YOU COULD DO, PLEASE DO NOT BEAT YOURSELF

UP. GOD HAS THEM NOW...

WE ARE HERE AND HAVE TO LEARN HOW TO COPE WITH OUR LOST.

I AM HAPPY YOU ARE HERE WITH THESE WONDERFUL PEOPLE WHO HAVE HELPED ME AND STILL

DO DAILY.

KEEPING THE FAITH

JACKIE

Jackie,

I am sorry I didn't read this sooner, I broke my finger 3 1/2 weeks ago and it's getting worse, it's hard to type, hunt and peck so I haven't been on line this weekend. I remember all too well the one year mark, it was hard, the memories, but it felt like a milestone too, all the "firsts without" behind me. I hope this year goes better for you, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Love, Kay

Jackie I too am sorry I did not see this post and haven't been on too much lately. I hope you are doing well my friend and my thoughts and prayers are with you as you hit this important milestone in your grieving. I know Lawrence is with you always, and as you start your second year I hope with each passing day it gets alittle bit easier.

Love Always,

Wendy

Hi Jackie,

I also just passed one year....it is not the easiest, as none of us want to be here. Concentrating on putting one foot in front of the other...is great! It certainly got me through the first year...I only did what I had to do, not worry about what I needed to do next, just get through each day. Some say the second year is harder...we now say "my husband passed away Last Year!" Seems like it "last year" is so long ago, but yet the memories are as fresh as if it happened yesterday. I try to think positive and look for the good in each day. I still talk to him as if he was here; I still find pennies in the most unexpected places, so maybe he drops them now and then. Whenever I find one, it makes me smile...

You are in my thoughts and prayers. I try to remember to be thankful that I had the time to make those memories that keep popping into my head. I always thought we would have more time, but I now realize how precious each minute is. Good Luck in the job search, I hope it turns around for you soon. Working has helped me; I get so involved I do not have time to be sad. But when I leave work and get home....it then hits me. Home was the world I shared with him. I am glad the weather is getting nicer...we all need some sun. It sure helps with the attitude. Take care....Bdzack