Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Gearing Up...need Support

I'm still trying to wrap my mind around this. Going to the Rio Grande...a seven day trip for me alone with my dog. I use music a lot to express myself and thought I'd share this. Teny....my thoughts while they tend to be selfish right now are with you and so are my prayers. I leave Sat. and I'll think about you the entire way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2A1e9fq3M0

Wow, NC, that song really fits with what lies ahead for you. I'll pray Jesus is there, holding your trembling hand all right.

Kath

You can be sure of that. Please let us know how it goes.

I hope you have a very safe journey!!

I apparently missed your original post of why you are going to the Rio Grande, but I think I have figured out, from other posts, that you are going to spread your loved ones ashes? Is that right? Once it is done, you will feel so good about it! I lost my husband in Nov. 2004. He wanted his ashes spread in a specific lake in CA (I live in AZ) - I needed my inlaws to go with me (they have the boat we needed to use). I wanted to do this around his birthday, which is in June, but couldn't get anyone to go with me in June 2005. To make a long story short, we all went in June of '06. It was LOVELY!! The weather couldn't have been nicer - things came together perfectly and we were all at peace once we had "released" them. I know he was pleased with the way the whole thing went!!

I truly hope that your trip is as satisfying! Be safe!!! We will be thinking about you. I'm sure you will let us know how it went when you return.

Hugs!

Patti

Not Coping,

You have our support, we will be thinking of you this weekend...

Mel we got you hon.... I have it marked on me calendar....

My cyber arms are open and holding you... Bring some great music for the car.... and make sure you sing loudly!!!!

Your pup will be ever so appreciative! :D

(((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))

leeann

Mel,

I will be holding you in my thoughts and prayers. Know that you will not be alone we will all be with you. Have a safe trip!

Love & Hugs, :wub:

Corinne