Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Is Anything Every Easy

Just When i thought things were getting Better...This has been my worst wk since Ben Left i was in Atlanta visiting my daughter. got sick the night before thought it was a tooth ache....By the time i Landed in Phoenix on Tues i could barley walk i couldn't keep anything in my stomach and my chest was killing me... So my son took me strait to ER and spent the last 4 days there...my blood pressure threw the roof i'm diabetic and have bronchile asthma...Than i was put in the same room that Ben was in the last time he was in the hospitol...So i have been crying every since,,,I miss him more than every

Dear Lucia,

That must have been incredibly hard for you. I get sad just getting mail from the hospital Bob was at, but being in the same room...Did they know? Could they have moved you? I hope you are feeling better. Any illness when coupled with diabetes can be really complicated. You are in my prayers today, Kath

Lucia

I was sorry to hear how ill you are. If it were me I know that I would be feeling very frightened and missing Cliff beyond words. I hope that they have moved you out of that room because I'm sure it will make you feel even worse. Please tell them ... don't be embarrassed to tell them. Anyone with one ounce of empathy and understanding in that hospital should be only too happy to move you. Sometimes we don't want to "bother" nurses and doctors because we know how busy they are ... but still, in this situation I think there's no shame in asking them to.

Get well Lucia,

xx

Lucia, I can really empathize with the room thing. I had to go to the ER and they put me in the room where we had gotten Tom's diagnosis and closed the door. Finally I couldn't take it any more and went out and asked if I could at least sit in the hall. They apologized all over the place and moved me right away. I wasn't really mad at them because even though it is a small town hospital they wouldn't remember who was in what room when they got bad new. Don't ever hesitate to ask.

Hope you are much better by now.

I am home now...I feel alot better and yes they did offer to move me to another room but it wouldn't have made a difference because he was in just about all the rooms in that hospitol....The nurses all remembered me and asked how he was doing that was hard to but they were so nice...Now i Just have to try to get healthier ....if i could just stop crying long enough to try to take care of myself.....I miss him more now and have no one to take care of me so i think i 'm just feeling sorry for myself

Hi Lucia

it must be so frightening for you to be ill and not have him there to look after you. He will be watching over you and you will find the strength to do this. Don't worry about crying ... I think you'll be more ill if you stop crying - you have to let it out. Try to eat a little and sleep as much as you can.

Hugs

x

Lucia,

How hard and frightening that must have been! I am glad you are out now...it is at times like this that we seem to miss them the most, they were the ones there for us, and to not have them is just terribly hard. I'm so sorry for what you've gone through. I also have High Blood Pressure, Asthma, and Diabetes, and know how serious it is. I am fortunate right now that mine is under control. I hope you don't have any more such episodes!

Kay

Lucia:

I am sorry you had to deal with that. It's hard enough to be going through what you are going through and to actually be in the same room.

I am friendly with some nurses at the hospital that Alex was in, but there is no way I could ever go back there to vist them.

Love,

Jeanne

Dear Lucia,

I am glad that you made it home and through this ordeal. Of course it is awful to think that your partner is not there to comfort you when you get sick. I often think of that possibility too....what would happen if? So far I have been lucky with my health, more or less.

Cry when you need to cry. I do believe it helps release so much inside and it is astounding how much one person can cry. I am glad you have made it back home. Take care.

Valley