Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Hellow my far away friends.I do visit every day and read your posts and Im very sorry for those who are new here.Most of my friends know that I lost my love my other half 30 months ago and my mother 2 months ago.I must tell you that the pain for my Yiany is here and always think of him but I feel I have not cried much for my mother.Maybe there were not tears left.I do blame myself.Summer is here and everyday is hot and bright.I have been away for a couple of days and enjoyed the sea in a beautiful island.Summer gives me hope and there are days that I do feel better.I want my new friends to know that they do have hope .Nothing will ever be the same.I stoped making plans for the future and let future come to me.I have started thanking God for what I have and especialy for my new grandaughter.She has no name yet cause the parents can not decide.I would like her to have Yianys name it is Jane for a girl but beeing the mother inlaw I can not speak my mind.Mondays and wensdays I babyseat and the rest Iv started to take care of my studio again.IM posting today feeling better cause every time I posted was full of pain and gfief.I want my life back not just survive.Thank you sooo much for being my support from far away.I do hope that I will meet some of you one day.How are you my older friends that were here 30 months ago? Love from far away TENY

Hi Teny

I am so glad to hear that you are moving on. You seem so much happier. It's nice that you have sun and it is warm. Here in New York it has rained the whole month of June. I know you miss Yiany and that's how it should be. It will never change.

You made me laugh about being the mother-in-law and cannot speak. Enjoy your new granddaughter and the summer.

Love and God Bless,

Jeanne

Very dear Teny, your message warms my heart ~ and I especially love your saying that you've stopped making plans for the future and have decided instead to let the future come to you. There is such great wisdom in that statement! How wonderful, too, that you're loving being grand! We're all so happy for you, Teny :wub:

Oh Teny, you sound so good, it is wonderful to hear! As Marty said, it is good to let our future come to us instead of us trying to work it out...I'm trying to do that now too. Summer is wonderful, the sun, the beautiful weather. It is so hard for those new to this, it takes so much time to adjust, it's the hardest thing in the world, we have to work at it and I don't think anything ever required so much effort on my part as grief has. One of the first things I learned that summer George died was "take joy in the little things"...God sent it to me in a refrigerator magnet. I don't hope for the big things, such as having a wonderful husband by my side to share life with, but I take joy in the little things, walking my puppy, seeing a deer, etc. Last night on my way home I saw a baby fawn caught in a fence...it had two legs completely ensnared in barbed wire and it was hanging upsidedown. I called around until I found someone who could come rescue it. I would have like to have seen the look on its face when it was freed...joy in the little things.

Love to you!

Kay

Teny

I knew that baby girl would help you. I too like the saying about letting the future come to us. Right now with the loss of my beloved pet I have taken a few steps backward but I know I climbed the mountain before and can do it again. I have a friend who is going through a really hard time right now and she doesn't want to "burden" me. Like I told her, that's what ffriendship is all about. Today I hold you up, tomorrow it's your turn to hold me. That's what is so great about this group too.

I'm glad the sun must be shining where you are, because it has been really gloomy here and now it is so hot and humid that it's hard to be outside for long periods.

Keep up the good work.

Teny,

It is a delight to hear you are doing better. Greece sounds beautiful this time of year. Enjoy it for all that it is. What do you call your granddaughter?

Kath

Teny - - I am so happy that your granddaughter is doing well and that you get to see her so often. I think that "Jane" is a beautiful name and that you should at least mention it. What do you call her if she isn't named yet?

Take care my far-away friend. I will be looking for your posts.

Kathy