Grief Healing Discussion Groups

My husband Jack, passed away on June 20, 2009, a month ago today. The pain doesn't get any better, in fact I think it gets worse. I ache for him in ways I cannot describe. I don't want him to be gone. Why couldn't this happen to someone who didn't love or like their husband. I didn't want him to suffer, so I understand that his death was best for him. I just miss him so. I want to hold him a little longer and tell him over and over again how much I love him and how happy I was to have shared my life with him.

Nebster

Nebster - - I am so sorry for your loss. It is with a sad heart that I welcome you to our group. My husband passed away in January, 2009 and I remember the first month anniversary was like someone peeled my skin off. For now, just try to take care of yourself. You will have much support here from people, who like you, have lost the love of their lives.

Kathy

Nebster,

I am so sorry to hear of your husband's passing. The questions you ask are very common during these very difficult times. Please don't try to make sense out of Jack's death. Those of us who loved (and still do love) our spouses unconditionally will never understand why sucn incredible happiness had to be cut short by pain and suffereing or sudden death. I won't try to say something magical to help ease your pain. Only time will lighten that very heavy load. I know it seems almost impossible to imagine right now, but the almost unbearable sadness will someday give way to occasional unbearable pain, which will ease even more as time passes. For now, please do as Kathy suggested and take care of yourself. Life after such a terrible tragedy can be overwhelming, and you can simply forget to take care of your most basic needs---which will lead you into a deeper and deeper place of sorrow.

You have come to the right place. Please come here often and post as often as you need or want. Each of us has been where you are today, and where you will be tomorrow. We may not have all the answers, but we can provide some wonderful shoulders to cry on. And, you never have to worry about thinking 'he/she has absolutely no idea what I'm going through.' I can't begin to tell you how much the people on this board helped me during my darkest times.

We are here for you. Please allow those of us who have been helped the most, to now pay it forward to you.

SD2

I am so sorry for the loss of your husband. The pain of losing the one you love is nothing like you've ever experienced before. This site is full of supportive caring people who know exactly what it feels like and will listen and understand. Take care of yourself right now and write your feelings here, that will help. Deborah

Nebster,

I am sorry you lost your Jack. It is all still very fresh for you...in time your grief will evolve, but in the meantime, it is very hard. Please keep coming back here, we're all here for each other. You CAN still tell Jack how very much you love him and appreciate him...most of us believe that just because they're "out of reach" so to speak, they still exist and I personally believe my George is right here inside of me because I've felt his comfort and strength and encouragement so many times. Life as we know it may change, but it's there nonetheless.

Kay

Nebster:

All I can say is I feel your pain - my Scott passed away on June 19.

Korina

Nebster, and Korina.

Shock is our body's way of gettign us through the first month. Love is what gets us through the rest. Keep coming back here, share your story, talk about your loved one. We understand and will listen with gentle, broken hearts.

Love,

Kath