Grief Healing Discussion Groups

One Year Tomorrow

Hello everyone. My name is Mary and tomorrow is a special day for my daughter and myself. It will be one year that my husband passed away at age 57. We will go to the cemetery and then have a good cry. We have gone through many emotions over the year. When I look back it was the toughest time of our life but we have survived it and have learned so much. I have learned to take one day at a time and when you wake up and it feels like you are having a bad day have a good cry and then try and find something good in the day. I have learned to tell my daughter every day that I love her. I am not a stranger to grief. I lost both my parents by the age of 16. I have lost my best friend and I miss the most not talking with him. I am hopeful the next year will be better.

Thanks for letting me share this with you.

Mary

Thank you, Mary, so much for sharing your thoughts, and welcome here. I've just passed a year as well, and your post could have been lifted from my journal. I sense a good deal of strength from you. But we both know that working to be strong doesn't mean feeling weak, also-- and that's quite ok, too. My good thoughts are with you and your daughter tomorrow, to remember the love. Hugs, Marsha

Bless you Mary and your daughter.

For you to say that you both have survived the year and learned so much is a tribute to you both. Like you I believe in taking one day at a time. And also to look for something good in each day (I am not always that successful with this). I appreciate your experience and wisdom. I honor you for sharing with us all.

I am starting to get so scared inside as in 7 weeks, I too will be at the one year mark. And the loss is still so overwhelming. I yearn to just sit and talk with Tom. He was my perfect match.

But this is about you and your daughter and the love you share. Bless you today and all the days.

Valley

Mary you and your daughter will be in my prayers. Welcome and we hope you stay and share your story. We all learn from each other and although it has only been 4 months for me I admire the strength you are sharing. I hope I heal and mature to your level of understanding, and peace.

laurie

Mary,

Thank you for sharing with us...you have made it through the year of "firsts without" (as I've dubbed it), that seems a milestone in and of itself! You didn't mention if you had support or not, but you have arrived at what most of us here have learned, a day at a time, a deep appreciation for what we DO have, and that strong sense of survivorship. Please feel free to come back here any time, we're all doing this together.

Kay