Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Busy Week...

I just learned my uncle Steve passed away. I haven't gotten to see him in a long time, so it was very disheartening as I didn't know he was that bad.

On a more positive note, my daughter got married last Wed. 09/09/09 Here is the link to it...if you click on the video you can see her (it was with nine other couples, she is the gorgeous one in the white dress and veil as shown on the cover and her groom is in the blue shirt). They covered her walk down the "aisle" with her dad, putting the ring on her finger, their kiss, we felt fortunate to have this coverage!

http://www.kval.com/news/local/58492757.html

Kay, I'm sorry to hear about your uncle. It's awful that you didn't know, even more of a shock.

I just watched the video ... wow, what a beautiful bride - your daughter is so naturally pretty and isn't she glowing with happiness :-) I loved the way she nodded, as if in agreement with what was being said - so sweet. Her groom looks entirely enchanted about it all too.

Ahh young love sigh

thanks so so much for sharing, that cheered me right up. You must be sooooo proud, kay!

xx

Thank you...I know it's not like losing a spouse, but still, it's hard...all the more so if you've already lost someone close, it seems like it just compounds it and brings it all back afresh.

I love my son-in-law dearly and he has waited for his bride for many years, ever since he first laid eyes on her over nine years ago, so I am very happy to see them finally get to unite in marriage. They called today (on their honeymoon) and said the weather is perfect and they sound so happy...I told them "What are you doing on the phone to your mother! Go have some fun!" :rolleyes:

So this week has been an emotional week for me...both gain and loss.

Kay,

I'm sorry to hear about your uncle. You're right in that it brings up a lot of emotion all over again. I'll keep you in prayer my friend.

Thank you for sharing the video of your daughter here. It is so adorable. (I spend way more time here than on facebook.)

Kath

(I spend way more time here than on facebook.)

Kath

Me too, my friend...but then maybe I have more friends here!

Kay, dear, I'm so sorry about your uncle ~ please accept my deepest sympathy.

I've just taken the time to watch the video of your beautiful daughter and her handsome groom ~ how wonderful for all of you that this was captured on film for all the world to see ~ so romantic, so sweet, so special :wub: Congratulations, and thank you for sharing with all of us.

• 2 weeks later...

I, too, am sorry for the loss of your uncle. I can't even imagine dealing with more grief right now. But the video of your daughter and son-in-law is wonderful - you are deserve to be proud and happy!

Korina