Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Strange Thing Happened

Kathy61

I have a verizon blackberry and receive my email on this as well as my computer(same account). Last night I received an email from my mom who has been gone for over a year now. At first I got ticked thinking someone had stolen her email address and was spamming. I was going to give them a piece of my mind. I went to my computer and checked my email but it wasn't there. (same account) I checked my phone again and it was there plain as day. I checked my account on the computer nothing there. I opened it up on my phone and found that it was sent Jul 27, 2006. So it was from her, just at a different time. Sort of like the twilight zone.. It is the wierdest thing. I am not sure if this was a sign that she was near. I have never had this happen to me before. I am not upset about it, actually my first thought when I saw it was mom emailed me..and I was happy, then reality hit again and I thought no can't be she died. That is when I thought someone else was using her account somehow. Now I just feel happy (peace) to get this little touch from her. Anyone have signs like this? Or is this a sign? Am I making to much of this? I have had dreams but nothing outside of dreams.

It is out of the ordinary, but sometimes God works in mysterious ways...perhaps He felt you needed to hear from her so He found a way to have a long ago message sent to you when He felt you needed it. I think that's really cool!

Of course I'm not an expert but I do think that was a sign. I know people who have received signs as well.

I'm still waiting for one, it's okay if it doesn't come but I'm hoping. I think the only thing we all have to be careful of, since we're in vulnerable situations, is to make sure no one is taking advantage of our pain. For example my friend when to a "medium" to communicate with her Mom and the guy charged her $500. So that's when the whole "sign" issue becomes suspicious. But something like what happened to you with the call, I would take that as a sign if it happened to me.

I'm happy for you (((hugs)))

Thanks everyone. Marty, that link was exactly what I needed. I accept this as a sign and what a special gift it was. Two things that connected. 1) She loved to email and send email cards or special links all the time. My other family members use to complain that she sent too many and they didn't open half of them. I did because I knew mom always was thinking of me. So this email was something that she would enjoy doing. 2) I felt peace. I wasn't anxious or upset. I didn't cry. I just felt peace. I do take it as a gift from God. He gave me a moment of contact with my mom again.

Kathy

• 2 weeks later...