Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Today is the day!!!Ben's Birthday was Wednesday Oct 7th, today myself and my family will be meeting at the Hospice of The Valley Sun City, we will be donating Childrens books and board games in honor of his birthday...I thought this would be a great way to remember him because he gave so much of his time to children his own and his grandchildren and other children in the neighborhood..We spent 6 days at this center and i saw that there were no childrens books and there was really nothing to do to pass the time and thought that there are other families going threw what we went threw and board games would make the time go so much faster....In his honor i brought a game of checkers and the reason i did this was because he spent many of hours playing Checkers with his children and grandchildren!!! Today is going to be a very sad day but at the same time a very happy day because we will be remembering a very special person...I have been thinking of him all week he loved his birthday and loved all the attention he got on what he call his day...and this is his week!!!!I am worried about my children as this will be the 1st time we have been back since he passed on Feb. 18th...Please keep me and my family in your prayers today!!! I pray that God helps us threw this very difficult day!!!! I will let you guys know how it went latter today

Lucia,

I pray your day goes well and it is a special time for you.

Kay

This is awesome on so many levels! Good luck to all of you and a very rousing "well done" I might add.

Kath

Lucia, what a wonderful way to honor your Ben. He is so proud of you. My Duke's 66th birthday was October 8th and our 41st anniversary was October 5th. Duke died when a car collided with us while on our motorcycle 14 miles from home. We traveled all over the country on our HD and never ever had an accident. I'm healing from my broken leg and fractured spine. It's been 3 months now and I'm just realizing he's never coming home. This forum is just the place for us to comfort each other and lend an ear. Hugs to you and your family. Judy

Well Yesterday turned out wonderful!!! My mother-in-law, 8 sister-in-laws and 10 nieces and nephews all joined my Children and I at the Hospice Center... We took a bookshelf and books board games and a cake!!! My niece Stacy who shares a birthday with Ben gave the presentation she wrote a beatiful poem about Ben and it was real nice i will post it as soon as she emails it to me....I was very proud of the whole family we had alot of games and books both children and adult books...We cried as I expected we would but it was not as bad as i thought it would be...Now we are all trying to think of something to do for Christmas my sister-in-laws and i want to make a scrap book of his life with pictures and articules about him and give one to each of his children...Thank you all for all your kind words of encourgement...I was such a sad day for me but at the same time a beatiful day I know Ben would have been proud of all of us... we ended the morning by going to lunch as a family to a restruant that the family had discovered during our stay at the Center...Thank You to Hospice for all your support and kindness you showed to Ben and my family as we went thru our greatest loss and to all of you!!11