Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Poll - Ladies Only - Hormones And Their Effect

PMS and Menstruation  

4 members have voted

1. 1. If you suffer from PMS do you find your loss becomes more unbearable?

• Yes
    • No
    • I have not noticed
  2. 2. During menstruation do you find yourself in a deeper darker place?

• Yes
    • No
    • I have not noticed

Last month as I was approaching PMS I definitely noticed I became more sensitive and my grief was magnified. I'm again approaching that time and the sadness is pervasive. I feel so alone even when I am surrounded by friends and family. For me, I think hormones do play a big role in my emotions and feelings.

Boo - - I'd love to be part of your poll, but I had a hysterectomy 10 years ago and I can't really relate. The full moon is something else altogether. It definitely effects me. I can almost feel its pull on my heartstrings and emotions surface that I don't even try to control anymore.

Kathy

Boo - do you mean when the aliens take over my body? Sorry, just had to say that! When I used to have PMS, that's how it felt in "normal" times. Like Kathy, I had a hysterectomy 10 years ago, so PMS isn't an issue. The hot flashes, though... I find that a full moon definitely affects me. I can't sleep, and my mind tends to go into a different mode. Panic mode, grumpy mode, grief mode - pick one. Hugs, Marsha

Hysterectomy for me as well. Although still have on ovary, maybe that is why this week-end is so hard, PMS? I do apply bio-identical hormones daily and they help with the other fun things associated with this phase of my life. I will try tracking too see.

Absolutely and positively!!! I have actually went to the dr. over this. Unfortunately we are young to have lost our husbands and many I have spoken to about this have either passed the age where they have to deal with it or they have had surgery. I have found that it does help me to know that it is "that time" and not me loosing my mind!! although that is how it feels ... I am back to "normal" when "it" passes. I am so unbelievably sad during those times and find it hard to get myself out of it.

thanks for the post

laurie

Can't answer these questions, yet, as I am still breastfeeding. Sounds like I am lucky to be missing out on those extra hormonal roller coaster days....

Korina

Hi Boo,

Can't tell if it is the loss...Hysterectomy last year and when I think of that I get weepy...Bob took wonderful care of me at that time...I just started the pellet (bio-identical) and I'm waiting for the testosterone to kick estrogens butt and tell her to stop crying and to move on...very good question Boo...In the old pms days I definitely felt out of sorts....Rochel