Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Coldness, Can't believe how cold I am now. The first few nights after my husband died, I felt like ice was going through my veins. It got better for awhile, but this past week it is happening again. Added another heavy, fluffy blanket to my bed and run a heater, but it is a chill that is hard to describe. I rarely have used heat in my bedroom before all this. Its so strange and annoying at the same time. Does anyone else notice this? And soon the electric bills will go up!! Just curious if its happening to anyone else. I had slept alone for years due to my husband's condition, so its not that I miss someone else being with me. Would be happy if one of my cats jumped in and snuggled with me to help me be warm~~~ Blessings, Debbie

Hi Debbie,

If you are like me...you have cut down on your calories and you need to eat more fat...The calories will warm you up...not that you want to be fat but eat fat...and exercise...that should help....Bless you, I hope this will help Rochel

Debbie, your post about being cold brought a memory to my mind and today I am able to smile. Every night from the onset of fall until the beginning of summer I would get into bed with Brian and say that I was cold. I would get out of bed and put an extra blanket or two on the bed. He always told me I had to just wait a few minutes to get warm rather than pile on extra blankets. He would always remind me that in about 15 minutes I would be kicking the blankets off the bed. Of course, he was always right but still I did this night after night after night. Sometimes I don't know how he put up with me. But I know that he did because he just loved me so much. Now, I sleep with lots of extra blankets in the family room on the pull-out sofa. I never seem to be able to get warm. I miss him.

Peace, love, and blessings,

Linda

Debbie,

I sort of chuckled when I read your post. I very rarely was cold even in the middle of the winter. Can't really sleep with too much heat. The only thing that would be like ice were my feet. I would always rub my feet on Pat to try to get them warm. It aggrevated him so much. He would always make me put on a pair of socks (sexy in know). The bed seems so cold and lonely since he is gone. Here go my emotions again. One minute I am smiling about old times and then the tears start flowing. I miss him so much. :(

Kat

I too, can smile one moment at fond memories, and be sobbing on the floor moments afterwards. I guess that is just the way of it....

As for cold, I don't really feel cold. Just empty. Scott's feet were always cold, and he often wore wool socks to bed. Actually, he always wore his wool socks - he would say, "Warm in the winter, cool in the summer!"

Take care,

Korina

Good Evening, I have to say the I am warm and toasty at night as Rick had a comforter that he had mad especially for him. It was starting to wear out around the edges so I kind of revamped it for him.After all it was 17 years old. It kept us warm.Funny thing is we both would sleep with one foot on top of it. We would take it camping in the fall to. It is warm and comforting at night. Only thing missing is him. My two cats also sleep with me and the bed has warm spots where they lay. I will treasure this blanket. Night Mrs. B.

Coldness, Can't believe how cold I am now. The first few nights after my husband died, I felt like ice was going through my veins. It got better for awhile, but this past week it is happening again. Added another heavy, fluffy blanket to my bed and run a heater, but it is a chill that is hard to describe. I rarely have used heat in my bedroom before all this. Its so strange and annoying at the same time. Does anyone else notice this? And soon the electric bills will go up!! Just curious if its happening to anyone else. I had slept alone for years due to my husband's condition, so its not that I miss someone else being with me. Would be happy if one of my cats jumped in and snuggled with me to help me be warm~~~ Blessings, Debbie

Derby maybe you should seek medical help, seeing that this is hasn't ever happened to you before.

Hi, Derby.

I've been really chilled all the time, too. Bob was the toasty one and when I went through my "change" it was all I could stand to have one of his toes touch me. (We always had to touch. We had a full size bed for 25 years just for that reason.) Now, I'm back to freezing at night, regardless of how many blankets are piled on me. Sweatshirts are the only thing that has helped. I don't know anything about thyroids, but it may not hurt to get that checked out. Diabetes, too, will cause some circulation problems, so checking with a doctor sounds like good advice.

I know some of us are already doing this instinctively, but I found it nearly impossible to sleep at night for several months. I've sinced moved to "his side" of the bed and it's been much more comforting.

Kath