Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Loss Of A Fiance And New Daddy

Hello everyone.

My name is angie, i am 23 years old soon to turn 24. On may 22,2004. 10 months ago, i lost the love of my life, my best friend, the father of my beautiful daughter. We were involved in a car accident and he was killed instantly. He just turned 25. Our daughter was only 1 month old. We were together for 5 1/2 years. I am just so devestated and upset. I just do not know why god would take him from us. It was the beggining of our life as a family. We were so excited. I am just so lonely now, if i did not have my little girl i do not know what i would do, she has been my strength through all of this. Can anyone out thier relate to me?,i feel like i am living in this world alone, i know that everyone on this site is grieving as well, it is just soo hard having to pick up the pieces and move forward. Also very tough raising my daughter without her dad. I would love to be able to email and make some friends through here.I thank everyone for taking the time to read this. God Bless you all!!

Hello

My name is Nikki. On January 13th I lost the love of my life. I am 31 he was 33. Everyday is a constant struggle.

I am angry,mad or crying all the time. It does make me feel better to be around people. I keep saying to myself I don't know how to do this it hurts too much. Everyone says it will get better with time, does it?

Hi Nikki & Angie,

I am 30 and lost my husband about 3 weeks ago. He died of a sudden brain anurism which left me shocked and devastated. I try and find creative ways of coping with his death. I think of him all the time and miss him a great deal. I also try and think positive thoughts because I know Kevin wouldn't want me sad. I have read some literature and found ways to heal through reading or talking about experiences with others. Above all, know that you are not alone.

I have been so surprised and comforted knowing that I am not alone. Reading your messages reminds me of this. Leave me a message anytime or let me know if you want to exchange email addresses, etc. I am participating in a grief support group for the first time this Thursday.

Take care of yourselves,

Mindy

Hello everyone,

I too lost my soul mate 10 weeks ago and it is very hard to accept that such a good, loving person is gone. I am 26 and am 27 weeks pregnant and it is hard to imagine what our life will be like without him. We had it all planned and it was going to be amazing. He was so excited about having our baby. We were only together for 8 months but we were soul mates and knew nearly straight away that we were meant to be. I am wondering if people have been telling you all that you will meet someone else in due course even though you don't ever want anyone else cause you know that life was going to be exactly what you wanted.

I am sorry about the loss of your partners. Wishing you all well.

Angela

Hello! I know how you all feel.

My name is Spela (that's a Slovenian name, and am a girl), and the boy that I love died of cancer on 27th January. Six week and six days ago ... He was 32, died 2 days after his birthday. I'm 26, I'll be 27 in April (am afradi of that day, being alone ...) I still can't accept it. After the funeral I cried very little. Now, for the last two weeks I cry all the time ... I can't be around people. How to answer the question: "How are you?" - I pretend not to hear it ... I'm sorry for all of you. I know how much it hurts. But we'll never be alone. We all have someone who will always be will us. I deeply believe that. That is the only thing that helps. The feeling I had while I was going home from the funeral - I just KNEW he was there with me and not in the grave. I haven't had that feeling since, not so strong - I can't say how strong it was then. Maybe I think too much about it. Take care, all of you!

• 4 weeks later...

I am so sorry for your loss. i can definitly relate to how you are feeling i lost my husband and my father Dec 2004 and struggle everyday. Yes time has helped alittle but its so hard because I also have a little girl but she is 6 and thinks its my fault daddy has passed away. I now deal with anxiety panic attacks everyday and my biggest strengths are my daughter , my mom, and my faith in the lord. I don't attend church regularly but i must say I have nevered prayed harder in my whole entire life. My husband and I were also soulmates and i will say please keep moving forward as hard as it is because the longer we stay in one spot the harder it is to even try to move on. And again hun I am so very sorry for your loss.

• 1 month later...

hello everyone,

I also lost my husband. He had a heart attack and passed away in his sleep. He was 37 years old. It has only been a month and a half and I feel totally devastated. We have 16 month old daughter. I never dreamed I would be raising her alone. I wish I could wake up from this bad dream. I can only take one day at a time now. I can't imagine ever being happy again. I pray that time will heal this broken heart.

I am sorry for your loss.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone. My husband passed away March 12, 2005. He was only 38 and I am only 30. I can't believe that God has taken him. He was my everything and gave back to the world in so many ways. I love and miss him every moment of the day. I am glad that I found this web site. In my support group I am the youngest by atleast 15 years. They are wonderful people but no one understands that I long to have a baby with my precious husband. No one understands exactly where I am in life and how hard this is. They look at me and say, "You are young and will remarry," and I think-I DON"T WANT TO!!!!I want my husband back!!! For those of you with children, please hug them and be thankful for them everyday. They are your strength and your link to what you use to have. When you are guiding them, remember what you both wanted and instill that in your child. I wish so much that we had a baby. He would of made the best dad.

I understand. People tell me too that I am young, I'll find someone else. That's very frustrating! They need to acknowledge my LOSS, not minimize it by acting like my husband is replaceable! I didn't meet my husband until I was 46 so we didn't have children together, so we don't have that link. But he was a wonderful stepfather to my grown children and what we did have cannot be broken by a separation of worlds...I long for him and look forward to seeing him again. And NOONE "replaces" our husbands.