Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Hi all,

For some of you, you know me and some do not. I seldom come on here, because even after almost 3 years in August I struggle everyday for the loss of my beloved Dan. Today he would have been 44 years old. Dan died of cancer.,at the age of 41. He left behind a wife( me, of 20 years) 3 children, a mother and father , sisters and nieces and nephews who love him very much. We found out Dan had cancer because of his constant throwing up, when we heard the grave news it was stage 4. His cancer started as esophogus and went to his bile duct, liver and near the end his brain. Our story of hope, I pray will touch one person and show them strong faith and hope will prevail. Dan was given 3 months to live(he lived 13 months) his faith and will to live were incredible. Dan struggled near the end with seizures, throwing up and he could not eat for 3 months(was on a feeding tube) I will never forget everyone who helped us through and I thank the team of Dr.'s for never letting us give up!!!!! Our trips to the hospital were endless, the first visit 20 days and ICU, then there were 17 other hospitalizations after that all for a average of 2 weeks +. So my friends, the power of faith and love is strong and true. I wish you all strength and love and remember here on this site you will find friends, love and compassion. You all have touched my heart and I thank everyone for you are MY family. With love and caring, Kim

Hi Kim, I'll be thinking of you today on Dan's birthday. He was very courageous, just like my Larry, to endure all that they had to go through. Just my thoughts, but I think it is important for us, those who have lost their loved one for some time, to post here. The grief isn't gone, we still hurt and miss them terribly. But we are still here. Sending love your way Kim, Deborah

Dear Kim,

Dan wasn't the only courageous one in your family. You have been an inspiration to me since I first came here. How can it be three years this year? Time stands still in a grieving heart. I'm praying for you today. May Dan's birthday be filled with memories of better days.

Wishing you strength,

Kath

Kim:

I don't believe I had known about the details of your and Dan's story - thank you so much for sharing it. And all the best to you on Dan's birthday - I hope you passed it well as possible.

Hugs,

Korina

Thank you all very much, it was pleasant. Spent the day w children and mother in law. Next milestone will be our anniversary on April 2nd we would have been married 23 years and together for 27 years :( I will someday be with my true love

Kim,

I'm sorry I missed this, I was "out sick" for 2 1/2 weeks and wasn't on line, then came back to work and have been scrambling to catch up...I feel I've missed a lot while I was away.

Your Dan was very special to you and watching his birthday and other important events come and go is so very hard. My hugs to you, I hope you're doing okay.

Love,

Kay