Grief Healing Discussion Groups

A Strange Thing

I took our 2 dogs last night at dark on the Mountain Preserve to this little secluded box canyon where my husband & I always hiked. Our dogs ran & chased coyotes, & ground squirrels, when they were tired, I sat down to pray.

I was thinking & praying about my deceased Dad, & my deceased Husband, & suddenly the mountain air was full of that familiar scent, they both wore...Old Spice. It lasted for 4 seconds. Might be a sign that Dad & Pat heard my prayers. Might be a sign I need to be hauled off to the Loony Bin. I should have added this earlier....in the day I realized I had broken a window in my house threw a rock thru a window with the lawn mower, & just wishing I could call them & tell me how to fix it.

Vicki,

No your not looney, every time I cry and talk to my Ruth my dogs go playing just like when she was here

sitting on the sofa, and the dog she had before we got married sits and crys at her urn and watches for her

to come home, he has taken on a real special place in my heart, and the shitzu which my son gave us jumps

in my lap to console me when I cry at times, and the clouds of Ruth's perfume sometimes drift down the hall

as if she has just gottten out of the shower...and recently I've gotten more signs and heard a suttle little

voice make comments to me....I truely beleive in the spiritual aspect to death and everlasting life thru Christ so

I take it in stride and welcome it, and as I'm sitting here typing she must be near as the dogs are now behaving as if

there being coached to play....I enjoy my signs I hope you do to...

Praying for all the greiving spouses dealing with there loss...

NATS

I, too, believe in signs, so don't check yourself into the looney bin, and just appreciate the gift. I have had signs (though I may be reaching on some :wub: ), but most prominently a dream where he came to me though I knew he was dead. And I swear our daughter, now 14.5 months (4.5 months when he died) has said "Daddy" when I show her a picture of Scott. I have showed her pictures of him and told her it was Daddy, but certainly not everyday. I did ask Scott (I still talk to him, sometimes out loud, sometimes in my head) to come to her and make sure she knows who he is (and to keep her safe), so who knows?

Take care,

Korina

Hi Vicki, You are so lucky. I have been waiting and praying from a sign from Rick. I ask him every night for one but havent received. Maybe I am looking to hard. Reading yours makes me want to keep up hope. You totally have been blesses with a wonderful gift. Embrace and cherish it. Have a wonderful week. Mrs. B.

Although I haven't had it personally happen to me, I have heard of this before. Who knows, maybe their spirit?? Nope, I wouldn't send you to a loony bin either, there's much we can't explain away but that doesn't make it any less so. Just enjoy this as a special sign...

Saturday was two months, since Wayne went to be with God. It still hurts like crazy. When you said you how you thought about your dad, and husband. Yesterday I decided to mow grass, there is a lock on the mower, I couldn't get it open. WD-40, then I asked myself what would Wayne do, so I got a pair of pliers and twisted it and it open. It was just one of hundreds that he played with. Then I got on the mower, it wouldn't start. I just started crying more,I tried a couple more times, more tears, then I looked up and asked him to talk to God, that I needed help. The next time I tried it started. It seems like anytime I'm by myself, all I do is cry.

Terry,

Your story is so special. I think we've all been there. it is so hard...

I believe they do give us signs or messages. There have been so many things that have happened since Larry's death and I can feel him helping me. They do make me cry and sometimes I even smile, knowing he's trying to find a way to let me know he's watching over me. Deborah

Vicki,

I truly believe that our loved ones are with us and watching out for us. My sign is a song which I hear when I really need to know he is with me. I also sent rose petals from one of the arrangements from the funeral to a company that makes rosaries out of them. I sent them off first week of August '09. I have been patiently waiting for it. I received an e-mail over the weekend saying the rosary had been shipped. I should receive it at the end of this week. Our anniversary was April 14th and my birthday is May 1st. Since I am receiving it between both dates, I am taking it as my anniversary/birthday gift from Pat. Like Korina said, I may be reaching on this one. I truly want to believe it though. :wub:

Take care,

Kat

Hi Vicki,

first I am so sorry about your Dad and Hubby, I'm like a lost child w/o my Dad. Anyways, I'm glad you got a sign albeit only 4 seconds.....I wish for something every day but nothing. There's been times where I think I have got his scent but it is literally a split second thing, one sniff and poof it's gone. So I put it down to my imagination ....sometimes I think nothing will be enough but I wish for such a real "proper" sign....

hugs