Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Well Granduation season is here and mine and Ben's oldest granddaugther graduated last night it was such a happy yet sad day for me....Ben had always talked about this day since we went to her 8th grade graduation and then he dies 1 year before!!! I say that like he had a choice...I was so proud of her and I tried not to cry but it was very difficult to do that when all I wanted to do was cry...The kids took one of the small urns with his ashes because my graddaughter wanted to carry them with her which she did but than they took the traditional grandparent pictures and she had him in her hands and it made me so sad that he wasn't there for her biggest day.

Lucia,

You and I must have been along the same train of thought cuz I went on FB yesterday and looked at George's daughter's photo albums and his grandkids are growing up and I thought how much he would have enjoyed them and been proud of his kids, it just seems hard that his family and life are going on without him. :(

Hugs to you too!

Lucia,

But he was there not just in the physical form as we know it here on earth, my Ruth is with me everyday I carry a pocket urn

with her ashes and have such comfort, I would have been very proud of that young lady doing what she did to have him there, that touches my heart so much it makes me cry, sounds like she has a better grip on this than we do...I'm sure all our loved ones cry for us as well when they see how sad and lost we are without them...but we must remember nothing can ever take away our memories and the place we have for them in our hearts....and I beleive he was indeed there...

Praying for all the grieving spouses everywhere...

NATS

Lucia,

What a special young lady. Your story brought me to tears. I truly believe that Ben was with her on her special day. My son has just finished his first year of Med School. In July he will be receiving his "White Coat". It upsets me so much that his dad will not be here to share this important time in his life. I know his dad is looking down at him with a big smile on his face. He was always so proud.

Nats, your are right. Nothing can ever take away our memories but I guess I am being selfish .... I want more. I apologize, I am just having one of those days. I ran into one of his friends today and I guess talking about old times just brought me down. Sunday will be 11 months and I am just missing him so much.

Again, thanks for listening.

Take care, Kat

I fear I am going to have many days like this - where I will want so much to celebrate something in Kailyn's life with Scott. I am now having them all the time, as she is such a delight, and is growing and developing so much. All I can do is believe he is watching over us and delighting in her antics. But I want to share all these moments with him physically so much - sigh...

Though bittersweet, our girl is the light of my life, and I am blessed to be her mom. Thank you so much for that, Scott.

Korina

Lucia how proud you must be. My granddaughter will be two in a month and she looks so much like my husband and she always wants to sleep with his picture.....this can not be a coincidence. I keep talking about her Grandfather to keep him alive in her mind and she has a picture of the two of them in her room. I made a book for her of the 8 months he was with her. How roud would I be for her to carry some of him with her one day....Lucky you. no one can take our memories..they are in our heart but our heats are broken.

Dear Lucia,

That was so wonderful, your grandaughter is a special girl, he was there, i believe that, I have my husband with me on my nightstand in an urn. It makes me feel like he is with me all the time, My granddaughter is graduating to middle school, and Johnny won't be there, he passed April 6, I really don't even want to go to it, but I love her so much, she would be so dissapointed. I am having a really bad night tonight, I am very stressed and depressed.

Hope we all find peace

Karen

Thanks everyone for your comments...I just learned that our Little Lucy was accepted to U of A and she was also accepted to the pharmacy program which is very difficult to get into that program....I know that Ben is up there as proud as can be of her...she has turned into such an incridiable young lady!!! In case you don't know it U of A is the Univerisity of Arizona!! I just wish Ben was here in person to see her...and my other granddaughter graduates from 8th grade on Monday...

Lucia,

Congratulations! That is wonderful news!

My son was accepted in Honors College too, he's gotten straight A's since he's been in college! :)

Kay