Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Just To Keep In Touch.

I thought I'd wait until after the weekend but then I thought why wait. I just wanted to let you know how thankful I am for all of your words of comfort. Even in all your own personal grief you are taking time to be supportive, and helpful and it really is appreciated. The other day I finally told my PCP what I've been feeling and thinking and I started crying, right there! I was in shock, not only because I never did this right in front of anyone before, but because he always seemed a bit cold before, to me and my husband. But, he couldn't have been more understanding and sympathetic. He knew exactly what I was going through and I told him I didn't want an antidepressant because of the ads on TV that say these medications could give someone suicidal thoughts. But he said he doesn't believe that. He did gently persuade me to take the script he wrote for panic/nervousness attacks. So I filled it just in case. I also have a list of counselors to contact for the one who is right for me and who takes my insurance. So, I have a little homework to do. Ah well, something to do and look forward to doing, except having crying spells, dark thoughts, avoiding Dan's pictures, and feeling depressed and oh so lonely. But of course I have you all here as well which makes me feel better. Today marks 4 months since Danny passed away and while I feel worse in some ways, I feel better knowing you are all here and I haven't been feeling this for a long time but I am really grateful to you all. May you all have peace somehow, in some way. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

God bless,

Suzanne

Suzanne,

Glad to hear you have some comfort, the meds may help they did me I had bad attacks of panic/anxiety mine is a low dose like 1 mg 2-3 times per day I find to avoid the attacks I take one in the morning and I'm fine now I still cry alot and I'm lonely but I have some comfort, also more at ease and able to reason more effective...I'm at the 3 month mark since Ruth left and people tell me i'm doing good but I dont know at times, I work daily up to 50 hrs per week then work hard on my 2 days off around the house and try and stay busy...glad we all have the forum to share I know we all help each other in someway, and it allows to know we are not alone...I think it may even be better than personal support because some people would not share face to face what they do here, so take care of yourself and stay positive...may God Bless you as well...

NATS

Hi Suzanne,

It is good that you seen your doctor, hopefully the medication will help you, my heart is so heavy tonight, I miss him so much, he passed april 6, I feel physically sick, this is just terrible. I am also happy to be on these sites, it does help knowing that there are people out there that really understand what you are going through, and feeling. It is so hard for anyone else to understand, we were married 43 years, and our children are married, so now I am alone. Now what??? what do we do?????

Take care of yourself

Karen

Suzanne, that's excellent. Your PCP really stepped up to the plate.

I've been on anti-depressants for years. It truly makes the difference between grim determination and the regular kind of determination.

The counselor should help, too. Again, if you don't feel comfortable with the first one you meet, try another. Remember, the doctor works FOR YOU.

By the way, I once heard a doctor explain why he is not too chatty with his patients. He explained how he and a patient had an interest in the same author, and one day poked his head into the hospital room of his patient and started his conversation with talk about the book they were both reading. After he left he realized he had not asked the patient questions he should have about how his patient was feeling. In this case, no harm, no foul, but the doctor then realized that his interest in the patient's hobbies had distracted him form his medical duty.

Hi Suzanne,

It is a good thing when you are able to reach out and ask for help.The first few months are the hardest time that I ever had to go through . When I look back and you will,I tell myself that I have come such a long way and my husband would be very proud of me.I can only hope that this will bring some comfort to you and the pain will not last forever. You will be able to smile again.

Take care.

Mary Lou

Suzanne,

I'm glad your doctor was compassionate with you and I hope your treatment works well.

I am so glad your PCP worked out and that you are finding comfort in this forum. It has helped me immensely. (Thank you to everyone here, by the way...)

Korina