Grief Healing Discussion Groups

It's All A Bit Much...

Friday morning my phone quit working and I found out they removed linebacker so they want to charge me $80-$280 to look at it, I've spent hours on the phone with them (from work) and still no resolution.

This weekend my hard drive quit on my computer, I need a new computer and since my computer won't boot up from my older hard drive, I don't know if any info on either one can be accessed or salvaged.

Then I get a call, my quadriplegic sister, Donna, has COPD and Pneumonia and she was sent home from the hospital to die. It's been hard to give/get messages with my home phone not working and my cell doesn't work at my home. We've been trying to arrange for all of us to see her one last time, tomorrow morning. My brother (who used to be my nephew, he was Donna's baby at the time of her accident so my parents adopted him) is going to go see her, he hasn't seen her in years and I think it'll be so good for both of them. Having grown up in a very dysfunctional home with a mental abusive mother and an alcoholic father, my sisters are everything to me. I just always dreaded the day I would start losing them and here it is, the time I've been dreading. I did want to share though, that my phone did not work at all on Friday and miraculously started working on the weekend, although so much static you could hardly understand, at least it enabled me to get the message about Donna...a true miracle. Now it's not working again, crazy, huh?

I just feel like my life is so out of my control.

Today is George's birthday and Saturday is the fifth anniversary of his death.

I hate June.

Kay:

Wow, that is so much all at once! Your words have helped me so many times, and I am finding it hard to come up with anything inspirational for you. I hope your visit with your sister will be very special, and I am thinking about you. I will say a special hello to George on Saturday, as I try to figure out how to pass that day, the first year marker without Scott. (I will ask Scott to hook up with him!)

Korina

Oh Korina, I love that! George is very special and I know Scot would love him. :) I think in some ways the first year was the hardest...all of the "first withouts"...but it's hard to compare. I appreciate all of your thoughts and prayers. Somehow we get through these things, like it or not.

Hi Kayc and Korina,

I remember you as you remember your loved ones today, George and Scott. You both have been an inspiration on this forum. It has made me remember my own Dabby whom I will love forever and stronger.

Thanks,

Kavish

Thank you so much, Kavish. I am sitting here with candles beside his photo.

Kaye, as promised I have said a special hello to George, and asked Scott to hang out with him for a time. I have also asked them to help us through these days.

Much love,

Korina

Thank you. Well I survived another anniversary of his death. I'm still without my home computer so am not always up on the posts...have to use the one at work when time affords.

I thought about George a lot yesterday, since it was on Father's Day five years ago he laid in the hospital worrying about getting his pie (us ladies in the church make pies to give away at church to the men)...but instead of getting his pie, he died. It's very important to me, to make sure that men have a good Father's Day...since my own man didn't get his.