Grief Healing Discussion Groups

I Received Really Bad News.

I have three brothers and three sisters. The other day I found out that my eldest brother who will be turning 70 in August was diagnosed with liver cancer and has 9 months to live. There are so many issues going on in our families it would fill an Encyclopedia. I am filled with so much emotion and anger (because my brother doesn't want one of our sisters to be told because they have anger issues). My brother doesn't want her to know also because he doesn't want her at his funeral. I will be going out with her to lunch next week and I'm supposed to act like nothing is wrong, although I just found out yesterday that she knows about his diagnosis but I don't think she knows that he doesn't want her at his funeral which is what he told all of his immediate family to make sure of this. He has a right to live the way he wants, especially now, I guess, and I mentioned to him that I think he should tell her himself, but its out of my hands now, because I must respect his wishes. I know what his wife will be going through, and they both think she'll get through it. Oh my God, she has no idea and how can I help her, I wish I could, but I can't even help myself. God is what gets me through every single day as I turn everything over to Him. I wish He would have called me home instead of my brother but I guess He knows what He's doing. Maybe I don't want to know what He's doing. Well, anyway, thank you for letting me vent my feelings. It's really good to have a safe haven here. I am still grieving and I know all of you are too. I just want to say that all of you here make a difference in my life. I believe that God has led me here. Thanks again.

God bless you all,

Suzanne

As if we don't have enough to deal with.........family dynamics are so strong and I feel for your situation and the additional stress this is bringing to your life. I believe I was led to this site as well and I hope your situation with your family works its way through and that you, your brother and his family are able to have quality time to come in the months ahead.

Suzanne, I am so sorry, I am going through the same thing, essentially, as my sister is dying. She has no lungs left, is on oxygen 24/7, and they essentially sent her home from the hospital to die. It's so hard to imagine being without one of my sisters, I'm sure you're going through all of the same feelings I am. My heart goes out to you.

Suzanne, I am so sorry about your brother, and that you and your family are having to go through this difficult time. I also am very sorry for the additional stress you are experiencing.

Kayc, I lost my oldest sister 7 years ago to cancer, so I know how you are feeling. It is very hard to lose a sibling. I have 2 other older sisters, (10 years and more older than I) and a younger brother. I keep praying that I won't be the last to go....that would be so hard.

Praying for strength for you both.

Queeniemary

All I can say is that my heart and prayers go out to you all, and that I also am thankful everyday for this forum.

Korina