Grief Healing Discussion Groups

All Moved Out Of My House.

Well I am all moved into my apartment now. Hard to walk through the house we lived for so many years and know that after Friday it is no longer mine. Doctor said NO steps so guess it was a wise choice to move here. Only the living room looks like home yet. Boxes everywhere else. Had to get up the stuff I had up before of the son we lost and of my darling husband. After that was done it started to feel more like home. I know where ever I go he is with me, but the memories in that house are so many. Grandkids each had to go through the house one last time, and alone. Hope in time they feel this is home like they did there. Has been a very sad week. A needed move, but the memories are so hard to think about that happened in that house. Marion

Very tough - my heart goes out to you. But I am sure you have brought the important things and memories with you. That is how I am going to look at it when we move (the plan is for next year, and to get a place with my parents).

Korina

Marion, I am sure you have done the right thing, but I also know it has been hard for you. However, your heart holds the memories, and they will be with you no matter where you live. At least you certainly have a lot to keep you busy for awhile, unpacking and putting up things. The good thing is that you can just work at your own pace, and take your time.

Thinking of you

Mary (Queeniemary) in Arkansas

Marion, my heart goes out to you. Very hard to do but you have done it. I myself am realizing I need to move if I am going to move further along in this journey. The memories are yours forever. Just wanted you to know that I am thinking of you.

Courage and Blessings, Carol Ann

good for you Marion. I too moved and not long after my husband passed. He passed away in February..I bought my condo in March (it was being built)..sold my house in August, moved in with my son for 2 months and then moved into my condo in October. It was absolutely the right move for me...I am much better here. What I tell people, when they ask, is that the path to my condo was hell, but it was absolutely the right move for me. I had to deal with things long before I was ready, and had to downsize and cried a million tears but it was worth the battle..............so good for you...a house is just that, a house of lumber and drywall etc. you can't run from your pain it stays with you as do your memories.

Thanks gals for all the helpful comments. This was a great move for me I know. Health wise it was a real good decision. Getting all my memorable things into place first, and yes where ever I am he is with me. Evenings are rough tho still. I have my big yard to go out and wander around in and now I don't have that. But pretty soon it will too cold and icy to spend much time outside any way. There is a lot going on this apartment complex if I feel up to joining me. Right now guess I rather not be around a group of strangers. My family is great but still not up to a room of strangers. Dumb I know but every evening I feel so alone and still I really love this apartment. Never lived alone in 57 years so it's differant.

Well I am all moved into my apartment now. Hard to walk through the house we lived for so many years and know that after Friday it is no longer mine. Doctor said NO steps so guess it was a wise choice to move here. Only the living room looks like home yet. Boxes everywhere else. Had to get up the stuff I had up before of the son we lost and of my darling husband. After that was done it started to feel more like home. I know where ever I go he is with me, but the memories in that house are so many. Grandkids each had to go through the house one last time, and alone. Hope in time they feel this is home like they did there. Has been a very sad week. A needed move, but the memories are so hard to think about that happened in that house. Marion

I was planning on a move prior to Clint's death but put everything on hold during the months he was ill. I wanted to move right away after he died because coming home to an empty house was something I didn't think I could handle. The reason I didn't was because of my son. I believe it would be too much to try a major move like that right now...while it would be good for me, uprooting children is another story. I decided to stay another year and take a look at that time. It's difficult since every room reminds me of him and I find that I'm bursting out in tears everytime I'm reminded that we shared this space together. It is a little better now that almost four weeks have gone by. It's almost comforting now to know he was here. I even feel his spirit is still here.

Marion,

I am so proud of you! That was a huge move, and I hope your adjustment goes well. Maybe you'll make some friends there and won't feel so alone.

hi Marion...just wanted to add that about 6 weeks after I moved into my condo I met a woman that I believe was sent to me. I either see her every day or talk or text with her several times a day. She is just down the hall and I feel so blessed to have her. I met her by opening the gym door when I heard someone in there because it would have been the time I would be in there but wasn't ready to work out again yet...so be open to the possibility of meeting new people.