Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Valentines Day And 1St Anniversary

Hello Everyone,

Well today is the 1 year point in my journey, Ruth joined the angels in heaven last year on Valentines Day, I knew I would feel

the strong waves of grief again today but I'm not sure what to expect, I have the day off so that may or may not be a good thing, I have

many changes going on now as I am preparing to move and I'm in the process of purchasing a new home because Ruth's children are not in compliance with there Mother's wishes and I refuse to fight them....I have changed her Facebook profile picture and made a post to her today which has brought some tears

and I'm sure by the end of the day many more will flow....Brenda asked me if I wanted to be alone today and I advised her No, I want her to come over for dinner as normal, we have a new bond and I do not want to miss any time spent with her, she has lost her husband going on 2 years now so she fully

understands and accepts the whole process in fact she has provided me with a great advance warning and advise on how to better prepare for all these first's

we must face...I wish and pray for everyone to have a comforting day as much as you can and focus on the positive memories shared with our beloved mates....

I have found the card Ruth gave me the year before last on Valentines day and have it sitting next to her Urn, I plan on reading it many times today to reflect on the powerful Love and Devotion we had for each other....Happy Valentines Day to All....

NATS

A difficult for all of us but when it is also the first anniversary it becomes a bigger source of tears and pain. You will be in my thoughts all day today. It sounds like you are making all the right decisions re moving and dinner...congratulations on that.

Dear Nats,

I have been holding you in gentle thought and prayer and will continue to do so. I will be thinking of you today especially. I am happy for you that you have a new friend and the blessing that must be for you.

Courage and Blessings, Carol Ann

Dear Nats, you have been such a source of inspiration to me. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers today. I am glad your friend Brenda will be with you this evening. I took the week of the anniversary of Mike's death off, and it was a good week, surprisingly calm and peaceful. Wishing you that same peace and calm. I think you already have it! I know today will bring back the flood of memories, and some will make you weep, but that is all a good thing. They are always in our hearts.

Praying for you today friend Nats. Happy Valentine's Day to you.

Mary (Queeniemary) in Arkansas

Nats,

You are in my thoughts and prayers today. I'm glad you have Brenda to help you on this journey, it's nice to have someone who understands and cares.

To Everyone,

Your words, thoughts and responses have touched me and comforted me greatly.... yes, I have been Blessed by finding a new person to share my life with

Ruth wanted me to be happy and I am doing my best...the day was somewhat lonely I ran some papers by the Bank, picked up some grocery's and came home...Brenda came by for dinner as normal and we enjoyed a peaceful evening, we spoke of Ruth and the grieving process we both have and are going thru...God has Blessed us both by allowing us to find someone whom we can Love, Cherish, and Comfort again after such a loss...I will continue the evening alone as Brenda has gone home, but I am comforted knowing I was Loved by such a wonderful woman in Ruth and she will remain with me forever and I am comforted knowing I am Loved by a new individual whom has the the passion for life as I, so my life's journey continues.....another first conquered....and a new road to forge....

NATS

Thank you for sharing with us how your day went for you. I am inspired by your healing.....it is like a ray of sunshine.

Blessings and Courage, Carol Ann

Deb625,

Yes, I smiled several times as I remembered many happy times Ruth and shared, and will continue to as many things

remind me of her and the love we shared.

NATS

Sunstreet,

I feel good when I inspire people or even provide a glimmer of positve energy to

my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ traveling this journey it's a rough road and I'm glad

I can help, you all help me that's for sure even when I don't post I read and learn from you all daily....

NATS

Dear Nats,

Oh for sure you've helped me and it is a blessing to witness the grace by which you travel this path of grief and loss. I hope you are proud of your self because I know I am. You offer more than a glimmer of positive energy Nats and I always look forward to your posts.

Blessings and Courage, Carol Ann

Valentines day was hard for me. Spent the day at work & the night home alone. Talked to my kids on FaceBook which helped some. Been busy getting my house ready to sell. Don't sleep well lately,(mind racing lately). I know things will get better,(only been 4 monthes since my husband passed).