Grief Healing Discussion Groups

As I turned to leave her grave site this morning, after I told her I loved and missed her I said, "Good bye Ruth."

As I said it my head snapped up and realized I had never said that to her yet. I have said many things to her but I was never given the chance to say good bye. I guess it just had to finally surface.

Something good about today.............

It is 86 and the sky is bright blue. Arizona weather can brighten your day sometimes.

Take care

Yes it can, Brian. I have lived in Oregon all of my life...except for four months in Phoenix. Where else can you hang your laundry out and have it dry within 1/2 hour?

I don't know that I ever said goodbye to George. I'm not sure I'd want to.

I can understand why you would not want to say it KayC

In my case, and why I think it came out then, I was finally letting myself know the real Ruth was not under that ground underneath me. Which was something else that was bothering me.

There a coming and I am not looking forward to the 115 degree days and 105 degree nights in Phoenix........ :(

Take care

Brian It is a hard thing to do to say good-bye to your loved one. I do not have a grave to visit, my wife Pauline donated her body to sience. Years ago when she found out she had MS, and she started declining we both decided to give our bodies to sience. I said my good-byes when she was taken out of our house. I will get her ashes back after they are through. As far as sunny days, up her in Massachusetts we have had cloudy rainy spring so we could use those sunny 70's days you are haveing

God Bless

Dwayne

Yes, I was envying people in AZ during my long winter snows and now with the rain, but come summer I will be happy to be in Oregon in the milder climate. :)

I guess we all say our goodbyes, whether out loud or not. For me it hit me the day he died, when I viewed his body...I knew he wasn't there and wasn't coming back, although I was still in shock and wished it was all just a bad dream and at times afterwards, I would momentarily forget and if I heard the phone ring or the door start to open...I looked up expecting to see him. It's been a long time since that's happened. sometimes now I wonder if it was a dream that I ever knew him at all, was it a dream that he held me, that he was my husband, that I had someone who cared about me, that we slept cuddled up safe and sound...perhaps a figment of my imagination...it seems way too long ago.

I guess I have said good-bye a few times because each time I knew I did not mean it. I guess I will never say good-bye....because I know he is here with me. But it IS good -bye to so much of what we had....that i still have to deal with.

I am sitting under a tornado warning right now...typical spring in Wisconsin. It is going just north of us....by not too far. Sitting in the basement.

I have never said goodbye. I think because I still spend so much time thinking about Jeff and talking to him - in my head and out loud, that I don't feel the need to actually say goodbye? I say do whatever works for you!

And Dwayne - I just read that you're from Massachusetts too. This weather certainly doesn't help the spirits does it? I was so grateful for the sunshine yesterday.....to kind of recharge the batteries in preparation for another rainy week!

mfh,

Let's pray the tornado goes on by and doesn't do much damage to your area. Stay in the basement, safe and sound!

I haven't said good-bye & probably never will, but thats because I know I will see him again someday. When he passed away & I saw he was gone I could tell his spirit was gone & I felt a peace that he was with Jesus now. I haven't been to his grave in a couple of months now I don't like going there(my son is buried close to him).

I'm from az too & yes our winters are beautiful, but our summers are miserable.

Tornadoes have passed...moved up and out over the lake. We get these all spring and summer. One summer 18 touched down within a very little area. We almost ignore them but when the town whistle blows we tend to get serious. Tonight the whistle blew. But it is quiet now and all is ok. Grateful.

Brian,

I myself will and did not say goodbye, I told my Ruth after I kissed her when she was passing with her heartbeat stopping....

"see you later my Love, until we meet again in heaven"....I also have her Urn set up in the great room overseeing the whole room so she is with me each day....I pray and hope you are comforted.....

NATS

Guest Nicholas

I talk to my son every day, even though I know he can't hear me as I hope he has moved on to his next life by now.

When in Burma or Thailand, my laundry was also dry in minutes, in London, never.

Brian,

I would have moved anywhere Pauline wanted to go. She was always first in my book everything else didn't matter to me. You get use to the rotaries. Yes it did fell goo to be in the sun, today another cloudy day. It makes it hard to get started on days like this.

Dwayne

Rotaries? I thought that was a civic club you joined...

I don't imagine laundry gets dry any time soon in London, Ireland, or Oregon! LOL

I like "see ya later" better than goodbye...

I agree about the "see you later". I also agree about the wet laundry. :)

I have never said good-bye for I was not finished saying hello. Melissa will always be a part of me and my belief is that she is everywhere now...she is in the wind that blows against my face, she is in the flowers that bloom, she is up on the mountain peaks, she is everywhere now and I find it hard to know how...I just choose to believe and it comforts me.

May all of you near the tornado's be safe and sound.

Blessings and Courage, Carol Ann