Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Hello Everyone, 7-20-2011 marks one year since my Lisa passed. Even though we lost her in the days before this date, the actual cessation of life, the brutal finality of that moment is an event that is as stark now as it was one year ago. No one has a salve or the ability to assuage that grief. I say this not with rancor, but rather as a part of the reality all of us must share. I simply want to remind as many people as possible that she lived, she was our center and our compass, and she was and is still loved beyond the limitations of this mortal state. Marc

Marc, hoping your day is filled with lovely memories of the life you shared with Lisa. I am also praying for peace and comfort for you today.

Mary (Queeniemary) in Arkansas

Marc,

I wish you the very best that this day has to give. I know your pain I feel your loss. God has given me the strength to keep moving foward. It is very hard at times. I pray for you today for our Lord to comfort your broken heart and give you peace on this day 1 year after, you lost the love of your life.

God Bless you Marc,

Dwayne

Marc,

One year. And I bet you couldn't imagine surviving it, yet you did somehow. All of the "firsts without". At least you know you won't have those to go through again. It is those "anniversaries" that are so hard...the days that mark their birthday, anniversary, death day...and as we know, all the days in between. But you are officially a survivor, like the rest of us here. That may not seem like much to you but it's taken much bravery just to go on, to face each day, and we've all done it. My thoughts and prayers are with you today.

Kay

Hi Marc,

I too just passed the one year mark. There are still mornings when I wake up and wonder how I will every live without Jeff...and the reality is, I have been doing it for the last year.

It's funny how subjective time can be. On some days it seems like our loved one has been gone forever, yet on others it seems like they were here just yesterday.

I hope that in the least, your memories bring you some comfort today. "The life given us by nature is short,but the memory of a well-spent life is eternal."

Hugs,

Tammy

Marc

May this anniversary day, though bittersweet, also be a reminder to you of how blessed you were in your relationship. Know that the love you shared still exists and always will. I had the words "together forever" put on Bill's gravestone because I believe that we are and will be together forever...now in ways I do not understand but do believe. I wish you peace today, Mary

Hi Marc,

Wishing you some peace and many fond memories of your life together. I hope it feels better to have the first year under your belt. We all understand your pain and only hope that our encourageent and support makes it a bit easier.

Hang in there! Cheryl

I too am going through the one year days One year 7-22-2010 was when I lost my best friend, my lover, my husband. I have not accomplished much in this past year I have just been existing. I have my very emotional moments and then I think about all the good times and there were many. I talk to my husband everyday sometimes lovingly and sometimes angryly. He suffered 34 years with his illness and I know in my mind he can now be free of all the pain, but my heart is still breaking. I miss him terribly and always will. But I know I had him with me for 45 years he loved me deeply and he wants me to see the grandchildren grow up and get married or do whatever they are going to do and I will be his eyes. I just remember he said we will be together again as he died in my arms. So I will be strong and I will survive and and I will love him forever.

Susavi,

That is a very good way of looking at it. My he suffered a long time, but it's great that you had so many years together. I know that makes you miss him all the more now. :(