Grief Healing Discussion Groups

I have a new milestone to share. It has been 23 months since Mark died and I just realized this morning that yesterday I didn't shed a single tear. It wasn't a goal of mine, I learned early that holding back my emotions caused me greater anxiety. To not cry at all and not even realize it feels huge. My very first day without crying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought it would never happen. Today I've cried twice and it isn't even noon yet. But that's okay at least I know that I am capable of days without tears.:) :) :) Cheryl

It shows you're making progress! Three steps forward, two steps backward, is moving in a progressive fashion...

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful! So often these little signs of forward movement are so subtle that we fail to notice them and so we don't acknowledge the fact that we are, in fact, making progress. Hurray for you for noticing ~ and thank you so much for sharing this will all of us! You deserve a standing ovation :excl:

Congratulations, Cheryl! You are modeling for us that those days are possible...thanks for sharing. Mary

Cheryl

That is great progress. You will have many more days to come. :)

Bless you

Dwayne

Cheryl,

This is positive energy I'm happy to hear you have discovered, I myself can go days without crying and then some days the tears just flow but it's OK, now most of the time they are happy tears of remembering happy times with Ruth, and I still get the "missing her" tears but I have fully accepted they will always be present...and even in my new relationship I am finding I feel some of Brenda's grief as she does mine as well, and we both cry as needed, as we are truely traveling down the same road, we are just riding together....

NATS

Thanks for all the support and happiness. I am currently feeling like I am riding the crest of a wave. My hope is that I can stay there for a while. I'm picturing myself on a boogie board paddling like hell to stay on top of the surf! Then I think about how all waves crash onto the shore. But my second thought is that sometimes the boogie board glides to a nice easy stop onto the sandy beach. I'm hoping that is me! But if not, I'll pick up the boogie board and go back out for another wave. Eventually I'll get the hang of it. Happy friday and a peaceful weekend to all of you.

Cheryl,

Good for you. You have the right attitude and spirit, stay positive, and ride, that wave into the soft sand of the beach. We all, will get there some day.

Nicholas, I pray you will be having those good days soon. Stay strong, never give up or give in. We are all here for you as you struggle with your grief.

God Bless,

Dwayne