Grief Healing Discussion Groups

I just read a post from Pat Bertram which made me so sad.

http://t.co/x5BByyRq0r

I hate the idea that as time goes on I will get further away from Pete. I don't want this to happen, but I know I also have to live as fully as I can without him close physically. I know some of you have lived quite a few years without your beloved ones and I feel that you are managing to keep them close despite the years. How? I need the aid of your wisdom.

I don't have an answer for you, dear Jan, but I will ask you a question - How close is your heart right now in your body? That is where your Pete is - not like you'd want him to be - but how it is in reality. Pete is only as far away as your mind (imagination) says he is -

Tonight I sat out on the patio and watched the lightening over the White Tank mountains. It was spectacular. My Jim was watching with me because I chose to have him with me at that time. Not as I'd like him to be, but as my mind (imagination) allowed him to be. We have that control, Jan.

I don't think there is anything wrong with sadness. Remember what we are learning about meditation or at least what I'm learning - thoughts come and go and that is alright - it is good to focus on that breathing. Anne

Jan,

I don't think time changes the existence of Pete. I am so confident that they are still among us........around us. I read the post and I think I get a different perspective from it. It is a long time ago. For some it is longer yet time has no meaning in death. Death is eternal and we have a very limited time left here. I remember at first I was so afraid to go on living because Kathy was on the other side. She died young, beautiful, and vibrant. I was older and I would continue to age, but she wouldn't. I needed to go with her. I wanted to so desperately to die. Well, I didn't. Don't ask me how.

I did end up realizing that she will always be there. She hangs around me often. She leaves sometimes for a month or two, but she comes back if just to tell me she's here.

There is something magic about the spirit. It has no boundaries, no physical shape, all they can give you is love and faith. That part has to be inside you already. I'm thinking it is.

I may not be able to give you the wisdom, but I can remind you to live, breathe, and take things one day at a time.

We have all the time in the world.

Stephen

Anne,

Watching the lightning like that sounds so wonderful. I like your perspective of imagination. Did Jim like watching lightning too? Do you ever find yourself drawn for some unexplained reason to do something they liked doing?

That happens to me often and it is either my imagination, or..................

Jan,

I understand what they are saying, because they are no longer in our every day lives, they aren't talking to us, sleeping next to us, or fixing the roof. But as long as we remember them, and believe me, we do!...they continue to coexist with us. There is not a day goes by but what we remember. George will always be the love of my life and nothing can change that, neither death, nor lack of physical domain, nor time can take that away.

Guest babylady

i know john is with me. in the beginning he was around a lot -- not as much now. i do dream about him almost every night. i also dream often about my mom and others who are on the other side. i'm not sure what it means.

about 6 weeks after john passed i had a reading with a medium. not just any medium. she was my spiritual teacher back in new york. she famous now. john had a lot to say. my mom had some things to say too. there were others there too -- even though they didn't speak, i.e., my dad, my son, my aunt, my mother in law. john also had 2 dogs with him. i was surprised that none of our cats were with him.

i believe in reincarnation. i know i'll be with john again. we've been together before.

i watched the lightening last night too. i was very tired and fell asleep watching tv. i got up and put my roll a shield down. it covers the large sliding doors in my bedroom. i didn't fall back to sleep right away and when i heard the thunder i put the roll a shield back up so i could enjoy the lightening. john loved lightening too. i think i posted about it on 7/4.

time moves too slowly for me. i look forward to the day when i move to the other side.

arlene

Today has been a good day It has rained all night and much of the day. Time just stands still as I feel the air clear and the earth gets it's nitrogen. Don't we just love it ?

Tonight I will be going up to Pinnacle Peak for dinner with the quads. That's what we call the triplets when little brother joins the fray.

I hope you all have a gentle evening. I am having one of those nice ones. I've learned to cherish them when they do happen.

I just keep thinking Arlene. I would love to know what the " before " was like if you don't mind sharing that someday.

I know what you mean when you say you are looking forward to the day. I think about that all the time. I just know that it might be a while.

Stephen

Guest babylady

stephen -- glad you're enjoying your day. i felt like having breakfast today so i called an order into "the good egg" around noon. when i went to pick it up the parking lot was so crowded. thank goodness my order was ready for me -- too many people with screaming kids. noise and especially screaming kids are like someone running a fingernail down a blackboard to me.

i've had a few past life regressions. i'm also a certified hypnotherapist although i haven't hypnotized anyone in over 20 years. met a psyhic at a hypnosis convention. we were seated at the same table. before we left on sunday she signed a book for me that she had written and said "you were john's mother in another life". when i told john what she said he replied "i've always known that". when i was doing hypnosis i did a few regressions, but didn't like doing them. people tend to think they were someone famous in another life. i think it can be helpful if you're having a problem that needs solving. a psychologist who didn't believe in past lives was doing hypnosis and said to her client "go back to the cause". the person went back to a past life. years ago i was having a problem and a regession cleared up a lot of things for me.

enjoy your dinner.

arlene

Stephen,

I'm glad you got some rain...not sure if you've been in the middle of one of the country's "heat waves", but rain is welcome. Upper 80s is hot for Oregon, so I look forward to the rain/thunderstorm we're supposed to get Tuesday night as it's been 80s/90s for the last month!

Arlene,

I had to laugh out loud when you said people tend to think they were someone famous in another life. :D That's great! I don't know anything about "past lives" but I think most of us understand that our energy continues on, beyond when they pronounce us dead.

Guest babylady

i'm in the same area as stephen and it's very hot and we need rain.

i remember a client i had for hypnosis. he wanted a regession, but i told him i didn't do them. even still he asked me if i thought i was cleopatra. i was wearing my hair really long and quite a bit of eye makeup. lol. i still wear my hair long but it's not as long and thick as it was when i was younger.

we go on. we're energy and energy doesn't die -- it can change form.

• 1 month later...

For the last three weeks I have been in a very dark place. I have had bad days before but this went on for so long. I'm going on two years and seven months yet it laid me to the bone. It has ended now. I am better but I wanted to say that things like that can happen to us when we least expect it. This journey is sick! I hate it and I know there is no escape, no detour, just the constant pain with some happy moments thrown in. Somehow I even lost my account here as my password wouldn't work. Don't you feel so inept when you can't function in a computer driven world? Maybe I'll fly a kite and just let the wind do it's thing. Maybe I'll send up a note on the string (those of you who are older like me would remember doing that) and see if she can read what it says.

This thread is called Time? Jan, time doesn't seem to be changing anything. For me at least, the only thing is that I am growing older. I don't feel any farther away from Kathy than I did the day she left.

I was just thinking as I look at Kathy's picture how she remains so young and pretty while I keep getting older. I am glad I won't have to meet her again in the body I will be wearing at the end.

Stephen

Dear Stephen

I know those times. We carry on feeling bleak most of the time, but managing to carry on, but then a really bad time hits us and we realise how well we were doing compared to those really awful times.

I am so pleased that you have come out of it. I am sort of stable at the moment, but I know that the really big whams come out of nowhere. Jan

Stephen,

I don't think we'll view things like the physical body in the same way as time will be no more and we will exist in an eternal state. I think we'll see through to the heart and soul more and less of the exterior.

I do feel further removed from George after eight years, I guess just because it's so long since we've been together. I remember him but sometimes it feels like a dream that we were ever together. And that makes me cry.

Oh Kay I know what you are saying and I am so sorry it makes you cry. I remember feeling afraid I would forget what Kathy looked like in my minds eye. You know, I would have never guessed by reading what you post that it has been eight years since George has been on the other side. You sound like someone who is just recently separated from him. I do not mean you haven't grown, but that he seems to be quite real in your conscious mind. Time is a funny thing. They say that time heals all wounds but I think love isn't a wound. The pain of the loss is though. A very very deep wound. But at the end of the day, the love remains. That love needs no face. It lives within our hearts as we have become one with it. Perhaps if we try to imagine that everything they were is now part of us. We were two people. Now we are one. I think I will go through the rest of my life being part of Kathy, and not just Steve. I also know that when I die, I will be a spirit just as she is. I will have no body, just a spirit. I know I will find her wherever she is. I will have an eternity to find her. I am a very persistent fellow.

Oh, and I agree with what you say about the physical body.

Stephen

The pain isn't great like it was when it was fresh (the first few years) but I will never stop missing him and the hole in my heart will remain the rest of my life. It seems like a lifetime since we went camping or snuggled together or shared life together. But I will never forget our love and how tremendous it ws. I think he'll be waiting for me when I cross over. I think there will be a grapevine in heaven so that somehow he will know...