Grief Healing Discussion Groups

A Tribute To My Husband

Saturday, July 27, 2013 my husband passed away from Lung Cancer. We were married almost thirty years, together 36 years. It has been short in terms of the time, but very a very long grieving process. God has truly blessed in so many ways. He allowed me to be me. He never refused me or my children anything. He was my second husband, but my first love, and I am so grateful that my husband is not suffering. No more chemo, radiation and medication. He has a brand new body and is rejoicing in Heaven where he is celebrating his first birthday with the King of Kings.

I am sharing this words that encouraged me, and I Hope you are encouraged also.

Weaved into the pains of losing you, there are threads of hope and beautiful memories.

I can no longer see you with my eyes, touch you with my hands, but I will feel you in my heart, FOREVER!

Grief is a Tunnel to Growth!

Praised74,

You will be in my thoughts and prayers as you go in to your first anniversary of death...I am sorry you also lost your husband. Yes, the one really good thing we can rejoice about is that they do not have to suffer, they are out of it...I look forward to our reunion day.

Praised74

You have completed that first year without your husband. I am so sorry for your loss. Your words below touched my heart. I am now 26 months and three days without my husband, Jim, of forty years. It has taken me this long and I now see those “threads of hope and beautiful memories.”

“Weaved into the pains of losing you, there are threads of hope and beautiful memories.”

Our moderator, Marty, has a link entitled: Grief in the Second Year: Finding Your Way that was a great help to me. I thought you might want to read it.

Anne

Jan, I think your faith is there, it is evolving, just as you are, just as all of us are. Faith is believing in something we can't see, and our faith that we will be reunited somehow is faith based.

I believe that there is an order and intelligence to life and the Universe. I believe that even if we cannot see it, love is here. I believe that no matter what happens, we can be comforted by the constancy, the loyalty, the reliability of the seasons, by the birth of new life each spring as the nests sing with new chicks, as the flowers gently spread their petals, and as the slumbers of winter give way to the softness of renewal. What we cherish endures, just as our love endures.

Although I cannot see Doug any longer, his spirit fills my heart often, and I can feel him comforting me and cherishing me, and I know I am not alone.

I don't know if this is faith, because to me, it is simply what is. It is that it is. It is far more a knowing, as much as I count on the seasons and the dawn. :)

*<twinkles>*

fae