Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Today is our 26th wedding anniversary. I remember it so clearly. Our son was 13mos old and had just taken off walking (and running) a few weeks before. So he walked with Mary down the aisle and he was my best "man". He could have been the ring bearer but he would have tried to eat the rings. I held him as we said our vows. He was so well behaved. And I leaned to kiss MY bride only he kissed her first! Hahaha!

I went to church this morning. The same church we were wed in. The same church her memorial was in. I chatted with the same priest that facilitated both of those days. And I lit a candle for her.

I miss her. We never celebrated much except just hanging out together and usually got take out for dinner. Nothing special. So that's what I miss. :(

I'm feeling quite numb today. It's still all so sureal and it's really frustrating to feel this way. It will be 4 months May 9th. I should be better.

Butch

What a happy picture you share with us of your wedding day Butch. Happy anniversary to you buddy. It is after all, still "your" anniversary. I wish for you many anniversaries to come with them becoming more happy every year as mine have done, filled with the memory of a very special sweet angel who I somehow know is still very close to me. And by the way, they do know, we still love them..

Butch,

What a precious memory you have with your beautiful bride and baby boy. Your son continues to be a blessing in your life, thank God you have him! I know it all feels surreal and bittersweet right now. How could you have known at that time how very entwined and how much you would come to mean to each other (although you probably had a pretty good idea) over the years. You went through so much together! Those of us here have been blessed with very special people to call our spouse. The happiest day of our life was when we said "I do".

Butch, lovely wedding story. I know you are missing Mary, and on special days it is even harder. Our 25th anniversary was on April 12. Mike has been gone 5 years last January, and still those special days are hard. Not as hard as they were in the beginning, however, time does help somewhat.

QMary

Isn't it so strange how happy memories can be wonderful and also cut us? I know that your memories of your wedding and other anniversaries with Mary over the years can both bring you joy but also hurt as you remember what you will no longer have. Take care of yourself.