Grief Healing Discussion Groups

My Sister Is Gone.

Yesterday my sister Lois passed away. She has spent the past 10 months in a non functioning body, due to a brain aneurysm, unable to do even the basic things for herself. The last month she has been at home, in the care of her family, and was so much happier. I visited with her two weeks ago, and she was very alert, joking, and very much in the moment. Last Thursday I got word from my niece that my sister's kidneys were starting to shut down, and on Sunday my brother and I both drove to Melbourne to be with her and the family. I am sad, but very relieved that she has been able to leave that broken body, and is probably having a family reunion with our parents, and our sister Sue who passed away 11 years ago. This is not a sad post, but I will miss her so very much. She was 10 years older than me, and was always more like a second mother to me as I was growing up. She was 78.

QMary

Dear, dear QMary,

I am so very sorry to hear this news. Know that I have you and your family in my prayers. I am so glad you were able to spend time with Lois. I know you will miss her. Keeping you in my heart during these days.

Anne

QMary,

I am sorry you are missing a sister. I know what conflicting emotions we can have when we lose someone that really needed to go, for their sake, but we are left missing them. Thinking of and praying for you and your family today and in the days that follow.

My dear QMary, I'm so sorry to read this sad news :(

May all the love you shared with your dear sister flow into your heart in these next days. We add our love as well, dear one, as we keep you, your sister Lois and the rest of your family in our prayers.

"Look up into the heavens and gaze at the stars. When you see a light shining, it's quite possible that that particular star is no longer alive. In fact, when a star dies, its light continues to shine for millions of years. So does the light of your loved one. Let it shine upon you and out from within you. Watch how it shines." ~ Ashley Davis Bush

I love and rely on the thought of our members reuniting in heaven. I hope and pray that your mind is filled with these thoughts over the next week as you begin your greiving journey for her.

QMary,

I am so sorry for your loss. I'm glad you were able to have that good visit with Lois. I will pray for you, and for your family. May God hold each of you close, and sustain you all.

Blessings,

Carrie

Thank you all. The services for my dear sister yesterday were really amazing. The large church was filled, and the music playing was a recording of her playing the piano. Many spoke of her years of service in many fields. I was finally able to cry when I heard the recording of her playing, along with watching the pictures cycling on the big screen. She is truly at peace, I really believe that. It was a beautiful day weather wise. We then made a 2 hour trip to bury her in the cemetery here in Harrison, near my parents and other relatives. Tiring day, but uplifting as well.

QMary

My dear QMary,

I believe if you listen still, you can hear her playing softly in the distance...

(((hugs))) I am glad the funeral was great and that it was a beautiful day. You have many friends here who care.

I'm praying for comfort and peace for you. My mother's name is Lois. She passed away seven years ago. Mothers day reminds me that she's not here. Since, my wife passed away, I'm reminded more of my MOM and younger brother passing. My the Lord bless and comfort you and bring up all of the good memories to fill your days and nights. Shalom