Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Where is my friend Debi

Hard to talk about something we both know what this journey is taking us through.....I was told by a friend of mine, a woman's Grief and struggles are so much different than a man's........I don't pretend to understand too much of this journey, but I do know you have a good sound intelligence working for you ,and a loving heart. Like to hear from you...

Dear Kevin and Brad, I have missed you too but I'm back! I can't thank you enough for your wonderful messages. I just sent Kayc a message as she had lovingly expressed her concern. How wonderful you all are and I just wish we didn't have to rely on Cyberspace to get together! Here is what happened - with apologies to KayC who has heard it all before!!

I am so sorry I worried you all. I have had an abscess on my gum which has been absolute agony. I thought it was a little mouth ulcer and then almost overnight it got huge and started dragging down the side of my face. I have been on antibiotics and strong pain meds and the dentist had to slit the gum and drain off some of the fluid - sorry to be so graphic! It has zonked me out. Only today do I feel better and I still have a week of meds to go.

I will resume posting now which I am so happy about because I have missed the love and support of my friends here and reading the stories  and advice of others. The pain just made it impossible to focus. Being without my husband during this time - as I know you all know without our 'rocks' only too well - made everything worse and poor Max has had to fend more or less for himself and organise his own meals. I could only manage warm liquids so it's been a tough time all round. 

Kayc, Kevin and Brad  it is a measure of how wonderful everyone in the 'family' is that you sent me these messages and I can't thank you enough.  How are you you all  ? Big hugs XXX

So glad you are feeling better. Your kindness, compassion and insight were sorely missed. 

Abscesses and toothaches are so miserable. It becomes nearly impossible to eat, sleep or even think.  Well wishes are speeding your way. 

:ph34r: Nobody can disappear from us without us noticing!  :wub:

;)

I'm back and a little sore....Took a few pain killers. In theory I will never have toothache again and only three more minor visits....Should have done this a few years ago.....thanks for the well wishes.

I would love to get implants but I think my dentist would rather keep placing crowns.  Probably an insurance thing.  I hate that insurance companies get to make medical/dental decisions for the patient.  And I've been lucky.