Grief Healing Discussion Groups

A circle of friends.

I like your analogy, Steve, makes it plain English...

Another wonderful excerpt from "hope & healing for transcending loss"  by Ashley Davis Bush for today's date, June 25

"Grievers are there for each other.  A certain magical connection is woven between and amongst people who understand and have known deep sorrow. You can feel it in grief groups.  You can feel it in online communities.  This connection is a healing balm.  Know that as you reach out to another in pain, you are both healing.  And as you receive love from another griever, you are both growing. "

• Upvote 5

34 minutes ago, Froggie4635 said:

"Grievers are there for each other.  A certain magical connection is woven between and amongst people who understand and have known deep sorrow. You can feel it in grief groups.  You can feel it in online communities.  This connection is a healing balm.  Know that as you reach out to another in pain, you are both healing.  And as you receive love from another griever, you are both growing. "

I think that is beautiful.  Grievers are there for each other.  I read where "friends" are cruel to members of our community.  I cannot even think why someone would criticize any one of our community or make them feel more grief than they already do.  I cannot consider people that do not understand, people that tell us to move on, I just never understood "tough love" and perhaps that is why I have so much on my plate.  You want to help me, fine.  You want to tear me down, get out of my way, I don't need that or you.  

I wish you a very good day Maryann.  I am fixing to tackle my books, the dreaded job of getting rid of books.  Books, I have always considered friends.  I picked up one yesterday to get started.   It was by Pete Hamill, title forever.  I cannot get rid of it, I have not read it yet.  Then I have Billy's Custom Rod Thread Art. He has markers all throughout the book.  He was an artist at wrapping custom rods.  I have a purple and gold one in the silt of Lake Bistineau that he wrapped for me, with my name on it.  I fell out of the little pirogue boat, was actually knocked out of it by a low lying branch of a cypress tree next to the dock.  Billy and Scott saw this happen.  They knew I could not swim yet they were there laughing when I came up out of the water.  He did not jump in to the water to save me.  I put my feet down and the water came up  to my waist, so I walked out and left my custom wrapped rod down in the mud of that lake.  I always was angry that he did not jump in to save me, even if it was not necessary.  

Each book tells more than one story.  How can I get rid of them?  But I must.  If you have been in your house forever, stay there..  Weeding out treasures should belong to generations that come after us, when we are joined with our loved ones again.  This is just too much.   

• Upvote 3

That's my plan, Marg...but health might change my plans someday, I try not to think about it.  Either way, I'll need help with it, ugh!

• Upvote 2

Kay, I have insisted on doing all this myself.  My daughter won't come, cannot come, her mental condition won't let her really.  So she sends friends that I do not trust.  This friend has looked under and over everything I have.  Am I going to keep this, that, the washer and dryer.  Then tells me to just leave things and she will handle it all.  I get aggravated and think everyone needs a piece of me, but where are they now?  I have to be in Louisiana to help everyone but where are they now that I need help?  I told them all that I could handle it.  I have to get my wits together and handle it.  You have your roof, your house, your plans made until you are ?? years old.  

And, I have my granddaughter in the bedroom that needs me more than anyone.  All I am wanting right now is that padded room and a box of colors.  Am I stronger than I think I am?  

I just moved all the body building weights out to the garage and I am shaking all over, but I did clear out that area.  Wonder if it built up my muscles.  Sure tore up my circulatory system.  Now, where is Billy when I need him?

• Upvote 2

Oh Marg,

Maybe you should have told the "daughter's friend" you are keeping everything but the weights and she can take them of your hands!  (((hugs)))

• Upvote 2

I've had people in my house and my dad's house eyeballing this and that; it's really annoying. The woman who took care of Lena while I was in Maui has asked me about several things, commented that she liked them just in case I wanted to get rid of them. Well, no, I agreed with her that the things she mentioned were definitely some of the most beautiful things in the house, and not on my list to get rid of. I want to get rid of trash and useless stuff, not the most beautiful things in the house.

As far as building up your muscles, the only way to do that is to move them back and forth every few days-but make sure to do it with good form, and make sure to start with the smaller ones and gradually mover up to the bigger ones. Otherwise you're more likely to just injure yourself. But if you carefully moved them back and forth every other day for a month or two you would definitely build muscle.

Oh Laura, I agree!  What is the matter with people!  They act like vultures, wanting this and wanting that!  Of course you want to get rid of the trash and not something worth something to you monetarily or sentimentally!  

• Upvote 1