Grief Healing Discussion Groups

October 31,The Last Day LC Was Home....

October 31, 2015...Who knew it would be the very last time LC would be at his home, the home that he loved on Windsor Court in Cranberry.  After his back surgery, LC was recovering at the second of several nursing homes that he would be a patient at.  He was able to have a "pass" at this time, and wanted to go home.  I picked LC up and we drove to his home on Windsor. I was so excited for him!  I had decorated the house and was ready for trick or treat that evening.  I had hoped that he would feel up to passing out treats like he had done the year before. Unfortunately LC was not feeling as well as he would have hoped.  He was feeling dizzy and lightheaded.  We called the ambulance to transport him to Passavant hospital.  It would be the final time that LC would be home.  On the anniversay of this day, I sigh with a heavy heart.  I miss him more than any words can convey.  I wish with all my heart that you are at peace .  I love you, and will light a candle in your memory.  Your "Pumpkin"  for always.....                                                                                                                                   

999817_1374543819439200_935707786_n (1).jpg

• Upvote 7

Kim am so sorry today finds you with a heavy heart and hard memories it is so hard on these trigger days, who am I kidding it's hard everyday just breathing can be a challenge, I am sure LC is at peace when they leave this earth they leave behind all pain and sorrow and suffering I am sure he sees how much his "Pumpkin" misses and loves him truly a nice picture it radiates your love and happiness I hope your heart finds some comfort today in remembering the love you to shared will be thinking of you today hugs

• Upvote 3

October is no longer my favorite month.  I wish you peace my friend, today, tomorrow, and always.  That is all we can hope for.  If you can find happiness, then more power to you.  Sorry for this bad day, bad month, 2015 a bad year.

• Upvote 1

Kim,

How well I know what these dates conjure up to us, how hard it is to get through them.  My heart is with you as you remember this day.  

• Upvote 1