Grief Healing Discussion Groups

My Sanity Needed Vents

Iris had me over for dinner last night, she went to the doctor beforehand and she has another UTI and a busted ear drum, her ins. won't cover the Rx but she told them to fill it anyway, she can fight with them later.  She starts her radiation today, has to leave at 6:30 am to be there by 8.  No, she can't help me, she had two family members die in the last two weeks, her hands are beyond full.  This is why I help her, not to mention still newly grieving Mike's death.  Also her best friend is dying.  She is bringing her meals, getting her dog out, there for her.

I am reminded that no man is an island, we all are a sense of community and need each other.

I wanted to shower Thursday and discovered my rubber gloves had a tear in it, same thumb as I cut.  Tape didn't hold, super glue got everywhere...so I went on Amazon and ordered some, to arrive today.  They said I canceled my order.  NO I DID NOT!  I was awaiting anxiously for them!  I tried calling them today, took 1 1/2 hours and six tries to get someone!  (BTW, did I say how much I hate their AI that "answers their phone!" Texts wouldn't come in, their reps hung up before talking to me, on and on it went. FINALLY got someone that told me I canceled, no I didn't! Ordered another pair and instead of next day they're taking until Monday late afternoon!  They have so many glitches in their system, I won't bore you with the details but let's just say they're a necessary evil in today.

I will take Kodie to see Jazzy about 8:30 so she can get some exercise.  It's the least I can do.

Two days ago I saw a post by my neighbor Aaron...he'd ordered a fishing rod for a gift for someone, thinking it came with a reel, but it didn't.  I told him to come get one at my place.  He came with his partner and they picked out one, got excited when he saw a fly fishing pole, I told him to take it and any others if/when he wanted.  I haven't used them since George died, I was allergic to fish for 38 years and couldn't breathe or touch them but someone could BBQ them on the grill if they cleaned the grill real well and we ate on the picnic table in open air.  I loved fishing with George, being in nature, enjoying his company and most of all, his exuberance! 

• Like 1

The same with Billy.  We spent our time in AR walking the back roads and then suddenly it was impossible and for me to enjoy all the things we did, he would have to be here.  You cannot call Amazon.  You can work with it somehow, think it is bottom of page "help" and eventually they will call you.  I have the same problem.  You get an artificial man who tells you that you can tell him anything and he will understand.  I wonder if he understands "go to hell" which finally you tell him another impossibility.  I wonder if he understands that.  I've been dealing with them too.  When your call comes in, you find you understand the dummy man better than the nationality they have sent you to.  I did get one sweet girl (both were sweet), but one did not understand "redneck deep south great grandmother" dialect  and I could not understand her English as a 2nd language dialect.  I tried.  She tried speaking slow, but voice was high and either I need a few classes in her foreign English class or she needs more in mine.  I do admire them for learning English to do a job, but I just want to talk to someone #1, and #2, I just want to converse where we both know what the other is saying.  Still better than the humanoid man's voice that says I can "tell him anything."  If you hit the right "help" place, they will call you back.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, kayc said:

I told him to come get one at my place.  He came with his partner and they picked out one, got excited when he saw a fly fishing pole, I told him to take it and any others if/when he wanted.  I haven't used them since George died, I was allergic to fish for 38 years and couldn't breathe or touch them but someone could BBQ them on the grill if they cleaned the grill real well and we ate on the picnic table in open air.  I loved fishing with George, being in nature, enjoying his company and most of all, his exuberance! 

Kayc:  How sweet of you to give your neighbor the fishing gear.  I would think George would have approved that something he and you loved to do together would add joy to someone's life. 

A fish allergy had to be difficult for you since you loved catching fish.

My Bob loved saltwater fishing and all outdoor activities.  Unfortunately, I didn't but I never said no if he wanted to go do what he loved.  Our two children learned how to fish, crab and shrimp in the ocean, Hood Canal and Puget Sound.  My enjoyment was listing to their adventures and eating the wonderful seafood.  Dee

• Like 2

Marge:  Sadly, I do believe I don't belong in this century anymore.  The constant changes are happening faster than my old brain can comprehend.  At least you have a wonderful sense of humor and ability to respond that keeps you alert.  I do love reading your comments and responses.  😁Dee

• Like 2

I like reading yours too Dee.  I like to imagine where you live from the way you describe it, and Kay's, the way she describes it, and I miss hearing from Gwen so much that if I knew any way to contact anyone she knew, I would do it.  Also with Kevin's being in Canada.  And, I'm supposed to remember "I Praise Him" 's name, but I miss his "Shalome's."  

• Like 2

Sometimes I feel like I belong in a home looking out at the world instead of a part of it.  They've left us high and dry and it's getting harder to engage in it.  There was the 1800s then today and we were in between!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Margm said:

I miss hearing from Gwen

Marg:  I think about Gwen all the time and wish we'd hear from her.  I just pray she is being looked after properly. 

19 hours ago, Margm said:

got my "senior smart phone" in and took a day to get up the nerve to open it.

Well, how does it work for you?  I'm sure you won't have much trouble learning it.  I bet your Granddaughter can assist you.  Good luck.  Dee

• Like 2

Oh, I just looked at it and picked it up and put it back down.  I've got running to do tomorrow, so it will be Monday.  Until then, my other works fine..  It is supposed to be simple, it is kind of a smart phone, called a smart phone, but a not too smart phone.  That is the way I understand it.  So, maybe it will be easy for me.  

I just feel Gwen would get in touch with us if she was able to.  I'm worried.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Margm said:

I just feel Gwen would get in touch with us if she was able to.  I'm worried.  

Me too. :(

• Like 3

Went to Eye Doctor  couple days ago and I finally have the diagnosis I require ...Cataract surgery...Probably 6 month wait but I'm on some ones waiting list.......Last night went to Football game 35000 Fans, home team won on last play of the game....Great set up, drive 20 miles to a park and ride, get on a Bus and takes you to the stadium....all included on the ticket price.....and takes you back....

• Like 3

Kevin, that's in my future too, waiting for it to be deemed bad enough...I'm afraid it's getting there quickly.

I wish you luck with yours!

Dodged a bullet on getting my remaining teeth pulled today. Instead, the dentist decided the bottom denture didn't fit right so time was spent making another mold. When he made the first one, I still had some bottom teeth so it's no wonder the fit was wrong. Not really sure why he did that, but obviously it didn't work. Another appt. next Monday. Not sure if teeth will be pulled then or not.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Wow, of course you'd need a new mold when you had the teeth pulled!  I'm glad he didn't waste your time/$ trying to make something fit that won't.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2023 at 2:36 PM, Margm said:

It is getting close/past time for mine.  Have not been to doc but such a coward. 

coward.jpg

So cute, Marg!  I've never been scared of dentists, only their bill!

Karen, I see you're scheduled to go in tomorrow, let us know after you do, okay?

@Margm

On 9/11/2023 at 3:52 PM, KarenK said:

Dodged a bullet on getting my remaining teeth pulled today. Instead, the dentist decided the bottom denture didn't fit right so time was spent making another mold. When he made the first one, I still had some bottom teeth so it's no wonder the fit was wrong. Not really sure why he did that, but obviously it didn't work. Another appt. next Monday. Not sure if teeth will be pulled then or not.

I'm sure you already do.  I'm missing half my teeth but in the back where no one notices and I have a bridge for my upper front teeth, no one notices.  Praying your mouth doesn't hurt too badly and heals up quickly!

Hoping you're doing okay, Karen, I know it's rough getting your teeth pulled and healing from it...soup, yogurt, custard, pudding...