Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Newly Widowed And Lost

Chrissy,

Karen would tease me every now and then saying that when she goes that I would find someone. I would always say, that there wouldn't be any way that I could. I still now ready foor that but as time goes on I realize that I am not a person to be alone. I know now that one day I will find someone out there to share my life with. I agree with you, it will be hard to find someone when you have already had the best. There will never be anyone that can compare with Karen. There is a part of me that is buried with her that I can never have back nor want back. That part of my heart will always be with her, and through me she will live on and never be forgotten. Love to you all.

I think how wonderful that you both had someone who loved you so much and knew you so well that they knew how hard it'd be and they basically gave you their blessing to continue living. How precious their love! You will never forget them and no one will replace them, but if someday you can find a bit of happiness, then go for it, because you know that's what they would have wanted for you...and I'm with Jason...don't settle for some loser, that's good advice, he wanted the best for you (which was himself, but if you can't have that, then at least someone else who is also wonderful). You have plenty of time and no hurry, if and when it's meant to be, it will present itself and you'll know.

And I think it's wonderful that you have a baby to remind you of the wonderful things about life...keep listening to those kicks! :P

thanks again kayc. u always know how to brighten my day with ur words of encouragement.

and i certainly agree with u chrissy when u say "we are worth it to live our life and enjoy it as best we can although some days are harder than others just remember that there are many good days ahead:).."

God bless..

Hello every one,

Thank you for all of your kindness and prayers. My father is now in the hospital and is having cardiac procedures done that ironically cannot be done locally and he has to go about 120 miles away for (pretty much the same distance of the hospital Jason was in for his bone marrow transplant when I lost him). I am worried about my father he is very scared. If everyone can say a quick prayer for him. I keep everyone in my thoughts and prayers and hope everyone is doing well. Thank you all and God Bless.

Chrissy777

Lord,

I pray that you be with Chrissy and her father during this time. Please guide the doctors to heal him. Give him the strength to fully recover. Give them the peace that only you can give. Your will be done. I pray this through Jesus name. Amen.

Chrissy, dear,

To Derek's lovely prayer we all say "Amen." When you are free to do so, please let us know how your dad is doing -- and remember to take good care of yourself and your baby during this difficult, uncertain time. You are in our hearts.

Derek and Marty T,

Thank you for your prayers my father went in for a cardiac cath today and because he is a big man it was riskier than it would be for someone else, but thank God everything went okay. It was a hard day because he is 120 miles away for that procedure and didnt want me there because he was worried about me driving that distance. Its so hard to think everything is going to be okay because that is what I thought about Jason's treatment. I miss him so much especially on days like today when I wish I could just have him hold me and tell me everything is okay. Thanks again and God Bless

Chrissy

God I want to pray for Chrissy and her father right now and ask that you calm their hearts of any fears and give them your assurance that you are there and overseeing all. I pray that you would protect Chrissy's father from any harm and that your will would be manifest in his life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

Dear Crissy777,

Thank you for responding to my post. I have felt so welcomed here. Congratulations on getting busy and doing a kitchen project. I am doing the same, only I have hired someone, building things is not a talent of mine. new paint on the cabinets, new countertops, a backsplash. I have a very small kitchen so not a big project.

I'm not sure what's going on with your dad, but I know how hard it is to deal with medical problems so soon after a loss. Seven months into my grieving my 94 year old grandmother who has out-lived everyone in the family except me (I'm only 48) has been in and out of the hospital 4 times in July. Summer in ICU has been my life for 4 years.

Hang in there...cherish that baby. I so appreciate the new friends I have met here this past week.

karenH

Thank you Karen and everyone for your prayers and kindness,

My father is home today and doing well. He has alot of recurrent medical problems diabetes, oxygen dependency, cardiac problems but for today he is okay Thank God. I guess since my mind had a rest from worrying about my father I cried so much today thinking of Jason.. I miss him soooooo much. I have been bargaining I told God I would give up everything I own live on the streets with nothing but the clothes on my back just to have my Jason back I know thats not even an option but its funny the things that pop into your head when you are so upset. I always try to think of my baby coming and it helps sometimes the pain is just too great. I feel so cheated and I dont want to sound selfish because I know how much Jason suffered I just want him back. Well I guess its safe to say this has been one of those days. Thank you all for listening God Bless and hoping tomarrow isnt one of those days..

Chrissy