Grief Healing Discussion Groups

I want to know if I will survive, because I have to

Take care of yourself each day! 

• Like 2

On 8/12/2023 at 4:41 AM, kayc said:

Take care of yourself each day! 

Thank you Kayc, it's hard but I am trying.  You take care as well. God bless you.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

Hi all, 
Hope you are all doing well. While I am feeling a bit better and I can see myself surviving but it's still quite painful. And it's so difficult to deal with the same pain every day. I want to bury this pain deep somewhere so that it does not come back but it's not happening. Now there are times, when I don't feel it much but then all of sudden the pain will hit with full force. 

Just wanted to vent out a little bit. God bless you all...

• Like 2

And that's what this place is here for...

• Like 2

On 9/13/2023 at 2:10 PM, weaksoul said:

I want to bury this pain deep somewhere so that it does not come back but it's not happening. Now there are times, when I don't feel it much but then all of sudden the pain will hit with full force. 

Weaksoul:  I totally understand how you wish you could bury this pain somewhere.  In the past eight years I have had those feelings too.  On the days that are difficult I try to tell myself I will just have to keep going and hope the difficult day will pass swiftly.  Take good care and I hope you have good days more often than not.  Dee

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Widow2015 said:

Weaksoul:  I totally understand how you wish you could bury this pain somewhere.  In the past eight years I have had those feelings too.  On the days that are difficult I try to tell myself I will just have to keep going and hope the difficult day will pass swiftly.  Take good care and I hope you have good days more often than not.  Dee

Thank you Dee, appreciate the encouragement and good wishes. Knowing that others have done it gives you the hope that you can do it. God bless you!!!

• Like 2

I was shocked in the beginning, but have lived alone 18 years now, somehow we get through this, although everyone handles it differently.  We find our own path through this.  We continue to miss them, life is never the same again, but we do it.  (((hugs)))

• Like 2

On 9/16/2023 at 2:45 AM, kayc said:

I was shocked in the beginning, but have lived alone 18 years now, somehow we get through this, although everyone handles it differently.  We find our own path through this.  We continue to miss them, life is never the same again, but we do it.  (((hugs)))

Thank you Kay for sharing your experience thru this journey. Now that I can see myself getting thru this but the fact that life is never the same is like a constant nagging pain. Thanks again for the support and warmth. God bless you!

• Like 2

And you too, it's tough sometimes, I won't kid you.  I often wondered during the pandemic how much nicer it would have been to have had him with me.  And when I lost my job.  That was tough.  I miss buying vehicles with him.  But hell, I miss everything about him, the hugging, cuddling, talking with him...

I'm turning 71 in 2 1/2 weeks...the older I get, the closer our reunion day!

• Like 2

On 9/19/2023 at 4:37 AM, kayc said:

I'm turning 71 in 2 1/2 weeks...the older I get, the closer our reunion day!

God bless you with good health and high spirit!!!

• Like 2

Thank you!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

How are you doing, my friend? We haven't heard from you in a while.

Here is another online webinar that made me think of you:

Navigating the Holidays as a Grieving Father

October 25, 2023 @ 8:30-9:15pm EST

When: October 25, 2023 @ 8:30-9:15pm EST

Where: Zoom

Cost: Free

For more information contact Executive Director, Fred Spero, at info@nationalwidowers.org.

Upon registration, you will be sent a confirmation email. Please use this email to access the online workshop. A reminder email will also be sent the day of the event.

Disclaimer: The information shared in this program is not intended to act as a substitute for any legal and mental health advice concerning individual situations; neither the National Widowers’ Organization, its Board of Directors, staff and personnel shall be responsible for any outcomes arising from any information or exercises provided in this program.

NWO is a nonprofit grief and resource organization dedicated to helping men whose spouse/partner has died, and all men who have experienced the death of someone significant in their lives through the Men’s Grief Network℠.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Marty, 

Thank you for keeping me in your thoughts. I highly appreciate your concern and sharing the link to the webinar. I will surely check it out. Wish all the best to all my friends on this forum. Kind regards!!!

• Like 2

I got busy with some family matters. There are times when the void hits hard but mostly I feel like I am on the road to recovery. Thank you so much again for your thoughts and wishes. God bless you!!!

• Like 2

Resilient Parenting for Bereaved Families

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Ffiles.constantcon mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fimgssl.constantco

FREE Informational Webinar

Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Noon-12:45pm ET

Presented by Irwin Sandler, PhD

Parenting children after the death of a parent while also grieving can be incredibly challenging. Join esteemed expert and researcher in the field of bereaved parenting, Dr. Irwin Sandler, to learn more about the Resilient Parenting for Bereaved Families program. In partnership with the New York Life Foundation, Arizona State University’s REACH Institute has developed this online program designed to provide parents and other caregivers practical tools to care for themselves and their bereaved children.

The program is currently being offered free to parents and caregivers of parentally-bereaved children ages 6 to 17 as part of a program evaluation. Dr. Sandler will offer information about the research and development of the program and discuss ways that it can be an additional resource for the grieving parents you serve.  

Continuing education is not available for this free program.

Learn More & Register
  • Like 1