Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Do You Feel More Worried Since Your Loved One Died

STARKISS

Hi All,

I worry about almost everything since the deaths of my parents.. I worry if I will be able to live where I am now, I worry about my other family members, and I worry about my dog Chelsea... They are the most things I worry about but I tender to worry alot more since my parents are gone now... I hope this is normal.... Take care Shelley

Hey Shelly, I think it's normal, cause if it isn't, we are both in trouble....

I worry constantly. I check and double check everything, I won't get on the web during the day in case My kids need to get ahold of me, I hear a noise and it drives me nuts till i find out what it is...I obsess over the animals, and my kids, which drives all of them nuts, so...I hope it's normal... :unsure:

Well, so far that makes three of us!

I find that I'm afraid a lot of times...afraid I'm going to lose what I have, afraid my cat is going to die, afraid that something is going to happen to my daughter, afraid my mother's going to die, afraid that I don't have long to live healthy...I never had these fears or worries while Dick, my husband, was alive. I felt taken care of and protected by him...

When I realized I was worrying so much, and fearing so much, I started praying that fear be removed from me and to be helped in turning EVERYTHING over to my loving God - it's still a work in progress.

Thanks for sharing!!

Love, Benita

Hi Daddylilgirl,

Thank you for your reply to my post, I am certainly glad that I am not the only one who is worrying more.. Take care and thanks for understanding Shelley

Hi Spunkye,

Thank you for your reply to my post, I am certainly glad that I am not the only one who is worrying more... Take care and Thanks for understanding Shelley

Hi Shell,

Thank you for your reply to the post I wrote, I now believe that I am as normal as most of the people that are here... I really appreciate the time and your understandings you put in to the post take care Shelley

Shelley,

If you're worried about your dog, who is thankfully still alive, go and see her. This is something you still can do something about, unlike the rest of us who have already lost our animals and can never see them on this earth again.

Edited by Maylissa

Hi, everybody....

Every since my Dad died, the future seems so uncertain and unclear. I worry that my brother and I will be able to run the farm, I call him a couple of times a day to make sure he's ok and that Mom's doing ok, I worry about being alone and not having any kids, and the list goes on and on. I feel like when I'm not sleeping, I'm worried about something. I know in my head that all this worry doesn't help anything, but I just feel so on edge.

Hugs to all,

Leann

I think it is normal to worry after a life changing event such as death. All of a sudden, our life is different, we are different. THe plans and hope we hold can be gone in an instant. We are so used to that person being here for us, and even if it is expected (as in the case of a parent) we still tend to think that they will be around forever. Worry is the fear of the unknown and right now a lot of us don't know who we are anymore. I know it will take time (That dreaded word again) :wacko: Just give it to God and ask him to remove the worry, let him have control and sit back in the back seat of the car (No backseat driving) and let him drive for awhile.

Derek

Derek is right, "worry is the fear of the unknown", and we all have so many "unknowns" in our lives right now. And, like he said, a lot of us don't really know who we are anymore. We are having to get comfortable with the new us! No wonder we are all scared and worried. We have so many things to cope with, along with just the normal life stuff, which is stressful enough! We all need to remember what an ordeal we are going through and give ourselves a break. Have a little sympathy for ourselves, like we would give to others.

Shelley,

I know how hard it is to be seperated from your dog, it is like losing her. Is there any chance that in the future, at some point, you will be able to have her back with you? I hope so.

Hugs,

Shell

Edited by shell

Hi Derek,

Thank you for your kind words, and I have started to pray to God in hopes He can help me stop worrying so much... Take care and Thank you again Shelley

Hi Leann,

Thank you for your kind words, Let us all try to take a break from being worry warts, I am asking God to help all of us through this troubled time. Take care Shelley

Hi Shell,

I see Chelsea whenever I can and that will have to do for now, in the future I think that I have sadly decided to leave Chelsea with my brother but visit alot more... Take care and Thank you for your kind words Shelley