Be happy that we had so many years.

I gave you my love. You can only guess

How much you gave to me in happiness

I thank you for the love you have shown

But now it's time I traveled on alone.

So grieve a while for me if grieve you must

Then let your grief be comforted by trust

It's only for a while that we must part

So bless the memories that lie within your heart.

I won't be far away, for life goes on

So if you need me, call and I will come...

Though you can't see or touch me, I'll be near

And if you listen with your heart, you'll hear

All of my love around you soft and clear.

And then, when you must come this way alone...

I'll greet you with a smile, and welcome you home.

Anonymous

Laurie,

What a beautiful poem, I love it, it brought tears to my eyes... its really sweet, thanks for sharing it with us.

Lori, I'm sure you'll see your mom when the moment comes, as I'm sure we will all see our loved ones one day... what a glorious day will that be, as I've thought so many times that's what still keeps me breathing, to know my Chris is for now waiting for me somewhere... as I'm waiting to be with him again. I think so because life just can't be any crueler than it has been by taking my baby away...

I guess we lose nothing by having faith and believe in it...

Blessings to all of you

Gaby

Edited by gabrielle_land

Thank you for sharing the poem. I think I got stuck on the "Be happy that we had so many years." George and I didn't have a lot of years together but what we did have were full and wonderful. I received a birthday card from a friend of his, he thought my bdy was the 17th instead of the 7th but it didn't matter, it was very welcome. In it he told me that the happiest years of George's life were with me, and I know that's true, so many people have told me that. So even though it ended what I feel was prematurely, at least with me, he lived.

Yea, that same line got me kayC. I only had four years with Sean. I knew who he was in high school, but he was 2 years older and I was with the same boy all thru H.S. anyway. I was friends with his brother, but I never really met him until 4 years ago. Strange how life works. I remember writing Sean a letter once about how we were meant to be.. I remember saying how we both grew up in the same town, went to the same schools, but never knew eachother. We married other people, he moved all over the country... but somehow wound up back in Jackson and met me. After all those years, we said it was fate...

Laurie

That was beautiful and I know that is exactly what my husband is saying to me! Sounded like it came right from his mouth! I am going on, but I miss being with him so much. Everything I do I want to do with him...and I can't. It just makes me so sad. I hope he understands that.

Thank you for sharing that with us. Now I need to go and wipe my tears!

Patti

Laurie,

Thank you for the beautiful poem. I made a copy and posted it by my computer - and I'll see it and read it often. It was wonderful - thank you for sharing.

John - Dusky is my handle on here.

Love you Jack